New here and strength training

Options
ALJohnson1980
ALJohnson1980 Posts: 10 Member
Hi I'm Amber I have just recently started weight training. I love it! I have a zillion questions! If anyone is in the Leland N.C area I would love to get a training group together.

Replies

• kellyj0729
    kellyj0729 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi Amber....I am close (Richmond, VA) but not close enough! What kind of training are you doing? A program? I am about to start Strong Lifts soon when I am done with my personal trainer end of the month.
  • cinsanford
    cinsanford Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Amber. I'm in Goldsboro, NC. Need to really get started too. Wish you were closer
  • Rossergirl
    Rossergirl Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I am in Raleigh, NC. So close, but yet so far! I have been doing HIIT, but I want to start weight training. I soooo wish we were all closer so we could have a group of like minded people to lift with!
  • Rossergirl
    Rossergirl Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Any suggestions for how to start? The most I have ever done is using 3, 5 & 8 pound dumbbells.
  • amr32r
    amr32r Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I started with 10 lb weight and 25 lb kettle bells and do super sets I actually need to go up in weight now. That was a good way for me to start so I didn't start to heavy and hurt myself .if you can do 3 sets of something and not struggle the weight is too light
  • hippytee
    hippytee Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Hi from UK ,,,,,Not new to. App not used it much or its friends feature,, new to strength training with barbell and the pump (les mills. Bodypump )
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this awesome group! I've been lifting for the last few weeks and feel bleeping awesome from it !!!