Motivation, Support and Accountability Thread, June 1st - 7th

Options
Italian_Buju
Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
This week my goals are:

1. Proper morning hydration
2. Post to this thread everyday
3. Log my food six days (But be mindful what I eat on my day off)
4. Get to the YMCA three times
5. Make my 10 thousand steps every day
6. Try and get some sun a few days this week (it helps my skin)
7. Go to bed by 10pm four nights this week
8. Manage my stress levels and try not to stress eat, be mindful of it

What are your goals this week??

Weekly Mini Goal

It is getting hotter out there and being hydrated is very important! Try to increase your water intake by drinking a glass before meals, as well as a full glass before and after exercising this week! It might give you more energy and even give your skin a little umf. Add lemons or cucumbers if you want something extra refreshing!

Replies

• Ginnaye2014
    Ginnaye2014 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My goals are
    *12 cups of water a day
    *Swim free style or breast stroke for at least five minutes two times this week.
    *Get in the gym and do elliptical for at least five minutes at least twice this week.
    *Get ten miles walked/hiked.
    *Have a weekly average of under my calorie goal
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    My goals are:
    -30 grams of protein or more for breakfast.
    -3000 steps/day every day
    -pack snacks to take when traveling, and stick to them. If I need something more I will stop for a meal or something low-carb like pork rinds.

Non-diet goal: rearrange the garage so my extra freezer is more available-- I think I'm going to purchase more bulk meat for better price and quality.
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I have had a really long weekend i am glad it is the start of a new week. I am home from work though because my little guy wasn't feeling well this morning. now we are doing homework and enjoying the afternoon. i wish i was home more being a working mom with smaller kids just sucks. Anyways

Goals
    Drink a lot of water
    Stay within my goals
    Figure out the exercise i just don't do it

Mini goal, though i now drink mostly water i will have to be careful i dont get dehydrated so i will be very careful with this.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Cheesy - what do you eat for breakfast usually? Are you using a powder or something? I got 40 grams this morning, because I had three pieces of back bacon and three egg yolks. But I cannot make bacon and eggs every day, and then I struggle with protein also, but do not like shakes.

HLaR - Yes, yes it does....my kids are older now, but there are still times they need me, plus I have been working since my son was 5 months old, so I know what you mean!

I am so tired tonight, it is 6pm here, and dinner is in the oven, I am at almost 12000 steps for today so far, so I am gonna take it easy tonight and make sure I go to bed early.....the hard part is fighting off sleep until it is an alright time to go to bed.....
  • Cheesy567
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Sleep well Italian_Buju, with 12,000 steps you deserve it

When I have time to cook I try to have two eggs, sometimes half an avocado, sometimes bacon. Before I started intentionally losing weight with MFP, I just tracked my intake, and was only getting 10gm of protein pretty often, and was hungry all day.

Now I try to keep a roasted chicken in the fridge, and "pick" off of that to up the protein. I save my high-protein leftovers for breakfast (love me some steak in the morning ;) ). I also made some tea-based gelatin Gummies, which taste not terrible but not good, but are packed with protein and minimal carb and no fat. I've been using them as a "grab-and-go" snack as well as for a protein bump.

I also made some "egg muffin cups," basically put some meat and veggies into muffin tins (silicone ones are nice and easy to get the finished product out of), cover with a mixture of beaten eggs, cheese, heavy whipping cream, spices, etc. Bake at moderate heat (325*F or so) until the tops start to brown and they feel done. I froze some for later this week, or for future bad days. I took some in the car in a cooler, and they make a great snack, helped keep me from stopping at gas stations :)

I can't use most protein powder mixes, so if I need to add protein to a smoothie I add Great Lakes Gelatin, the green can type won't thicken the smoothie. Their red and orange cans will thicken up like gelatin (or jello, or jelly depending what you call it where you live)
  • jltheis7
    jltheis7 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Last Monday of the school year done....it is always a sad day for me. I would love to teach year round; my students tell me I'm insane but I really would not mind it. Probably why I teach 2 sessions of extended school year. So my goal this week is to have a positive outlook no matter what. And enjoy the days I do have.

Italian, 12,000 steps ... Good for you!

Cheesy567, love egg muffin cups! I like to have them for snacks during the day. I use egg whites, water and some plain Greek yogurt poured over spinach, zucchini, tomatoes, onions, peppers, and turkey pepperoni. And cheese cause that just makes it better. I am going to look up gummies recipes and try it. Are they nice and chewy like gummy bears?

HLaR79, I drink a lot of water too so I am mixing it up and trying some recipes for steeped waters I came across on Pinterest. You add fruits and herbs to water and let it steep overnight. I love adding a mint leaf to water on hot days to make more refreshing.
  • Ginnaye2014
    Ginnaye2014 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I got a mile and a half done, five min on elliptical, and drank 12 glasses today.
  • slgibbs1987
    slgibbs1987 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Goals for the week:

* Stay under my calorie goal at least 5 days this week (one down and 4 to go!)
    * drink at least 8 glasses of water
    * get 3 days of exercise in (preferably 2 strength training and 1 cardio

Last week my water was good and I logged everyday. Wven though I logged, I never made it under calorie goal. This week, I plan to try harder with staying under my calorie limit. & hopefully working out will help also.

Just trying to task it one step at a time..
  • HLaR79
    Options
    I tried to do the breakfast egg muffins but really struggled with the texture of them. I make a lot of smoothies and use skim milk powder for an added boost of protein. I have also used it in my eggs and in my tea or coffee

I am thankful for the end of the day i didnt sleep well last night so i am anxious for an early night

Water today was down, i was so busy at work i was hardly at my desk. Next time i will have to take a bottle around work with me

• Italian_Buju
    Options
    I wonder where Scout and Skittles are??

I am at 14K steps today.

I got to the gym!! YAY me! I struggle with this, as I am always short on sleep and pressed for time!

I am back up to my starting weight, so I am really gonna buckle down to stay within my macros for the next while and ramp up the exercise.
  • shballa
    shballa Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I am going to try the egg muffin cups. I never thought of freezing them for later . Good idea.

My goal is to do either the exercise bike or elliptical 3 days this week.
  • jltheis7
    jltheis7 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    HLaR79, I couldn't wait for this day to end either. Staying committed to healthy choices was tough today but thinking about being accountable here helped. But I am going to indulge in an ugly but cathartic cry.

Italian, that's two weeks now you made it to the gym, isn't it? Even if I'm mistaken, good for you.

Isn't Skittles on a cruise?

Be good to yourself everyone.
  • Cheesy567
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Made it through a lunch at Olive Garden without caving to the breadsticks!
  • shballa
    shballa Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Those breadsticks get to me every time.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Cheesy567 wrote: »
    Made it through a lunch at Olive Garden without caving to the breadsticks!
    High five for that. They're like little sticks of delicious evil.
  • craftscout
    craftscout Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    *waves* I'm here, I'm here! But between the last week of school craziness, and internet issues, I'm not posting too much this week.

Having a bad week, gained 1.9 pounds so far. Trying to stay on target today.

Got myself my first pair of actual hiking boots today. Did a bazillion laps around REI trying to make sure they fit. Was so excited to find a brand that I don't have to order extra wides in, or even regular wides. The men's pair was plenty wide - so was the women's, but I have room to swell in the men's pair I bought.

Now to break them in before I go hiking in the Smokies next month! :)
  • HLaR79
    Options
    Way to go on the gym italian, keep it up those life long changes will make a difference!
    Jltheis: a good cry although "ugly" can be so amazing!

Cheesy: breadsticks there are amazing wtg for avoiding them. Little sticks of delicious evil -lol

Scout, good to see you, congrats on the hiking boots

Well today i found that even though i have not lost anymore weight i was able to get my wedding ring back onto the right finger and at lunch i fit into the booth without having to push my fat under the edge. These make me feel good.

• Italian_Buju
    Options
    Today was a bad day for me.

I think I mentioned a couple weeks ago that my little degu boy was sick.

I had to take him to the vet today and put him down. I am heartbroken.
  • L0veM3
    L0veM3 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Wanting to make new weightless buddies, if you want to join me and become a weight loss partner send me a friends request, together maybe we can make things happen, we can have private challenges I'll make it fun. :)
  • HLaR79
    Options
    Italian: i am so sorry, i know how much hurt losing a pet can bring!

So hungry today :(