Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Do people get super lean on LC?

parkdad73
parkdad73 Posts: 88 Member
I mean "see you abs bathing suit model" type of lean.
I've lost 105 pounds on LC but have plateaued for 6 months. I've been researching morbidly obese to super lean and while it looks possible I haven't found anybody who has done it LC.
While LC looks to be the lay to go for large weightloss to healthy body weight, can it take you to the next level? The few super lean people I've found doing it weren't super heavy to begin with so I don't really look to them as proof.

Replies

• SlimBride2Be
    SlimBride2Be Posts: 315 Member
    Err look online at Paleo people. Pretty darn lean!!
  • camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    This is a better place to ask that: http://www.reddit.com/r/ketogains I think it involves swinging kettlebells :)
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Low carb is also very frequently used to get competition ready for body builders, and that means getting very, very lean.
  • GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    What is lean? When you lose weight you might become thin, thinner, skinnier, i don't believe you will automatically become lean. To me, being lean involves having a muscle definition on your body that takes some good strength workout to make your body looking lean. My sister is skinny but she is not lean.
  • kuranda10
    kuranda10 Posts: 593 Member
    The first time I did LC, I am 5'6" and I ended up at 138 lbs, don't remember my BF%, but I do remember that I wore a US size 2/4.

I was tiny. People were "concerned". I was all "nope" still right in the weight range for my age/height. go away now.

Only exercise I did was pilates 3x a week and I raced big sailboats 1 night a week and did weekend regattas
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    camtosh wrote: »
    This is a better place to ask that: http://www.reddit.com/r/ketogains I think it involves swinging kettlebells :)

Yep, that. There's a lot more to "lean" than just low body fat. Low body fat on noodle muscles will always look like flab.
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    You've lost a lot of weight. That means two things: your metabolic rate is lower, and your empty fat cells are screaming "fill me back up!"

LC will still help with your hunger control, but it's not going to help much with weight loss at this point.

Fasting + exercise might help.