6/1: 342
    6/4: 338
    6/11: 337
    6/18:
    6/25:
    6/30:

Loss/gain for the week: 1.0
    Loss/gain for the month: 5.0

Struggles - It's been crazy busy with school ending, baseball and soccer games, and a baseball tournament all weekend. It was hot and humid, sunburned, so I'm retaining water. Next week I'm gonna rock that weight loss!

Successes - I've logged over 40 miles so far for June, ordered my reward shoes today (for 100 miles/June), was able to push mow the front and north side without stopping except to refuel in just about 2 hours. Walking the park loop counter clockwise, I was able to make it up the steep hill without stopping and without thinking I was going to die when I got to the top! I even jogged briefly twice on the path - IN PUBLIC!
  • ScrAgnX
    ScrAgnX Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Successes - I've logged over 40 miles so far for June, ordered my reward shoes today (for 100 miles/June), was able to push mow the front and north side without stopping except to refuel in just about 2 hours. Walking the park loop counter clockwise, I was able to make it up the steep hill without stopping and without thinking I was going to die when I got to the top! I even jogged briefly twice on the path - IN PUBLIC!

Awesome non-scale victories. So often these things get overlooked, but energy, mobility, and fitness are as/more important than the scale.
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Name: Cheesy
    Height: 5'10"
    Starting Weight (6/1): 304.6
    Goal Weight (6/30): 297 (?)

6/1: 304.6
    6/6: 300.6
    6/12: 301.8
    6/18:
    6/25:
    6/30:

Loss/gain for the week: +1.2
    Loss/gain for the month: -3.8

Struggles or successes of your week: Blown my step count goal out of the water every day!
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    ScrAgnX wrote: »
    I've completed Week 6 of the Couch to 5K app, and was able to run for 22 minutes without a walking break.

The last two weekends I've walked a total of 40 miles while visiting the Purdue campus.

EXCELLENT job, Matt! One day, I, too, will finish week 6 of c25k! You're a great encourager, thank you!
  • monkeydoodle
    monkeydoodle Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Name: Michelle
    Height: 5'5
    Starting weight: 344
    Goal weight: 330
    6/2= 345.8
    6/9=346.4
    6/14=345.8
    6/23
    6/30

Loss/gain for week: +0.6, -0.6
    Loss/gain for month:

• farrar8217
    farrar8217 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Name: Steve
    Height: 5'11"
    Starting Weight (6/1): 393 lbs
    Goal Weight (6/30): 373.0 lbs

6/1: 393 lbs
    6/8: 384 lbs
    6/15: 380 lbs
    6/22:
    6/29:
    6/30:

Loss/gain for the week: 4.0
    Loss/gain for the month: 13.0

Struggles or successes of your week: Really blew it this weekend. My brother was in the hospital and I stayed a lot of time with him. The problem with visiting at a hospital is that I don't get my step counts in and usually I eat like a pig. Sunday was no different. I ate way too much and didn't get my steps in. Oh well, I'm thankful for what weight I did lose. Now it's Monday, a new week, back on track. Hopefully.
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    Options
    Name: Mimi
    Height: 6'0"
    Starting Weight (6/1): 342
    Goal Weight (6/30): 328

6/18: 332
    6/25:
    6/30:

Loss/gain for the week: 5.0
    Loss/gain for the month: 10.0

Successes - What a great week! I actually weighed in 2 days early and got that loss - exciting!! I've got over 65 miles logged for June, so 100 is definitely in reach... my reward shoes came yesterday. I can jog in place with the Wii Fit for at least 5 minutes without stopping.

Struggles - all of this rain and humidity sap the energy out of me. I don't know how PNW'ers do it! I've been having visions of apricot coffee cake every time I pass THE bakery. Going to change my routing, these are the first real sugar urges since January, and I don't like it!
  • ScrAgnX
    Options
    Name: Matt
    Height: 6'3"
    Starting Weight (6/1): 299.6 lbs
    Goal Weight (6/30): 285.0 lbs

6/1: 299.6
    6/4: 298.8
    6/11: 294.8
    6/18: 290.2
    6/25:
    6/30:

Loss/gain for the week: 4.6
    Loss/gain for the month: 9.4

Struggles or successes of your week:
    I honestly can't say why I dropped so much this week; possibly it is carry over from times past, possible I over estimated what I've eaten, might need to drink more water due to the heat/humididty, and possible that my scale was off and I won't lose much the next few weeks. My calculated weight loss (based on calorie burns and calories eaten) should have only been 2 pounds.

Only managed to ride my bike once this week, and didn't stick to the schedule of C25K because of work issues. I'm not very happy with my exercise dedication this week, and I'm leaning on the weather as a crutch when I'm not sure I want to exercise. I've been making this a priority, and need to keep making it one.
  • Cheesy567
    Options

6/19: 298.4 (under 300?!!!)
    6/25:
    6/30:

Loss/gain for the week: -3.4
    Loss/gain for the month: -6.2

Struggles or successes of your week: Adjusting to the full AIP diet, keto-style. I don't do change well. Missing coffee and a few blips early on as I had a bit of fruit I wanted to eat rather than toss out. Still paid off, though!

• Cheesy567
    Options

I honestly can't say why I dropped so much this week; possibly it is carry over from times past, possible I over estimated what I've eaten, might need to drink more water due to the heat/humididty, and possible that my scale was off and I won't lose much the next few weeks. My calculated weight loss (based on calorie burns and calories eaten) should have only been 2 pounds.

Only managed to ride my bike once this week, and didn't stick to the schedule of C25K because of work issues. I'm not very happy with my exercise dedication this week, and I'm leaning on the weather as a crutch when I'm not sure I want to exercise. I've been making this a priority, and need to keep making it one.

Maybe you thrive with a bit less exercise? There's evidence that heavy cardio raises cortisol levels, and can slow weightloss in some people. Maybe, for you, less exercise=> less cortisol=> letting go of water weight and better fat mobilization ?

Mark's Daily Apple has a lot of posts about it if you want to look at the science behind this (he links to the original articles).

Either way, your week worked. You did the best you could in the situation you were in. No need to beat yourself up!
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    Options
    Cheesy567 wrote: »

6/19: 298.4 (under 300?!!!)
    6/25:
    6/30:

Congrats on getting under 300! Woohoo!!
  • Cheesy567
    Options

Congrats on getting under 300! Woohoo!!

Thanks Mimi!
  • ScrAgnX
    Options
    Cheesy567 wrote: »

Maybe you thrive with a bit less exercise? There's evidence that heavy cardio raises cortisol levels, and can slow weightloss in some people. Maybe, for you, less exercise=> less cortisol=> letting go of water weight and better fat mobilization ?

Mark's Daily Apple has a lot of posts about it if you want to look at the science behind this (he links to the original articles).

Either way, your week worked. You did the best you could in the situation you were in. No need to beat yourself up!

I'm an Engineer... Numbers that don't make sense keep me up at night. I don't necessarily worry about it, but I like to know the why of the numbers (even wondered if my weight is higher/lower when the weather barometer goes up/down; haven't checked that or air density effects yet though).

I'll have to check out the articles you mention, that could very well be it and would make sense. Thanks for the info.
  • farrar8217
    farrar8217 Posts: 9 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Goal Weight (6/30): 373.0 lbs (Made it on 6/22)!!!!!!! :)

6/1: 393 lbs
    6/8: 384 lbs
    6/15: 380 lbs
    6/22: 372 lbs
    6/29:
    6/30:

Loss/gain for the week: 8.0
    Loss/gain for the month: 21.0

Struggles or successes of your week: Really proud of me. I've been working really hard this month and it's showing on the scale. Overdid it on Sunday for Father's Day with my eating, but apparently not too too bad. Finally the light at the end of the tunnel is not an oncoming train. I just gotta keep it up.
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    Options

farrar8217 wrote: »
    Goal Weight (6/30): 373.0 lbs (Made it on 6/22)!!!!!!! :)

Congratulations!! Excellent loss this week AND hitting your goal so early! WOOHOO!!
  • leesamahree
    leesamahree Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Pretty new to group posts, but I'm super excited... Will there be a July challenge? :)
  • ScrAgnX
    Options
    I'll keep putting up new months as long as people keep logging in; I try to set one up on the last day of the previous month (If I disappear, hopefully someone else will pick up the torch).

You can also join us this month if you'd like; If you've been tracking weight loss for a few weeks and would like to show where you've been from (or where you want to go in the next month). We're pretty informal, just a thread for you to brag on successes and admit failures so you can look forward to the next week.
  • monkeydoodle
    monkeydoodle Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    6/2= 345.8
    6/9=346.4
    6/14=345.8
    6/22
    6/30

Loss/gain for week: +0.6, -0.6
    Loss/gain for month:
    6/2= 345.8
    6/9=346.4
    6/14=345.8
    6/24=341.2
    6/30

Loss/gain for week: +1.8, +.06, -0.6, -4.6
    Loss/gain for month:

• MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    Options
    Name: Mimi
    Height: 6'0"
    Starting Weight (6/1): 342
    Goal Weight (6/30): 328

6/18: 332
    6/25: 326 (goal +2 +another weigh in!)
    6/30:

Loss/gain for the week: 6.0
    Loss/gain for the month: 16.0

Successes - two straight weeks of great losses made me feel like I was back in the first few weeks of this lifestyle, not nearly six months in! I've been doing great with 10k steps a day and having at least one rest day a week. I started the c25k program and have completed w2d2. I love it! I also hit my 100 miles in June last night so I'll be sporting my new shoes today!
    Short term goals - finish out June strong, I should be close to 25 more miles. Continue the c25k at home, taking it "on the road" at week 4. July 12th is my six month anniversary so to be under 317 so I will have lost 85# in the first 6 months.
    Struggles - I haven't had too many this week, except maybe the rain slowing my progress a bit. That's why I use the Wii, YouTube, and Leslie Sansone!
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    Options
    @ScrAgnX, thank you for doing this post for us! This was my first month joining and I'm hooked!