How can I gain Muscle weight?

Options
Hello everyone! I eat all non-gmo & organic foods on a daily basis. I am a mother who works full time and my profession is photography so I am always on my feet which makes me really happy. I love to constantly move around. After work, I go hiking of bike riding through trails or the park near my house. I have had an issue gaining weight since I was a kid. Most women can't even eat a piece of bread without gaining weight. I can eat a loaf and not gain a lb. I hate it. I have gone to the Doctor for a few years straight thinking maybe he can tell me? Maybe a thyroid issue? Nope. I had my bloodwork done and it turns out; all of my organs function 100% he said. He told me it's just my natural metabolism etc, and it's just natural for me not to pack on weight. I am built very toned. By that; I mean literally maybe 2% fat on me and that is my butt LOL. I have a small B chest even. I am 115 lbs sometimes I weight 113, other days I can weight 116. Depends on the time of the month. I want to weigh about 120. :( I cannot gain it for the life of me. I have done several things from eating more protein and working out less... walking less, etc. Nothing works. I mean I can probably sit down and eat a box of donuts and still not gain. It's annoying. Most women are the opposite and I feel terrible that I am trying to gain while others are wanting to lose but I really would love some advice from someone who either has this issue or someone who knows how to gain muscle.

Thank you everyone and anyone who read this. Much appreciated.

Replies

• DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    I don't have the answer but the group Eat, Train, Progress might be a good place to ask as they have a monthly question and answer forum post available for anyone who has questions.