dutch oven, george foreman and starter yeast

Options
Sm1rkY
Sm1rkY Posts: 11 Member
Hi there,

I'm new to to both MFP and clean eating, the latter probably because I had no idea this was what it was called! But yes, I've been trying for some time to make my own food to cut down on calories and preservatives and colours and everything else they put in.

Recently got a cast iron dutch oven which apparently helps with cutting down oils, and a small Foreman for quick grills - and I was wondering if any of you had any recs for them. I went through some of the previous posts on the grill, learnt not to overcook since it's a quick thing - 5min for chicken! - and to use baking paper instead of buying toast bags.

Also - starter yeast. I've been starting two - one with wheat and white flour in 2:1 ratio, and another with white as the larger part. Both with grape water. It's been 10 days and slow going, but the bubbles are there, and the consistency. I think it's working...

Anyone else trying this method of making yeast? I'm hoping to make sourdough and normal breads with it, especially in the dutch oven with the no-knead method, and any advice would be great.

Also, looking for friends and support, so come say hi and add :)