few months from 40, can I still join?

Options
Sm1rkY
Sm1rkY Posts: 11 Member
edited June 2015 in Social Groups
Because if I go over to the 30s group now, I'd just have to leave again, so please say yes :)

Hi there, I'm new to both MFP and this virtual support thing, but so far so good. I'd love to have more friends to talk and share fitness and food and healthy ideas overall - or hell, unhealthy ideas, just to make it more exciting!

Anyway, I'm in London, UK, trying very hard to figure out what's happening to my metabolism. I'm nearing 40 and my body's gone weird. I seem to be having problems more with eating foods I have always eaten, and it's kicked me into trying out cooking clean, using natural stuff which doesn't have to mean organic - some of those organic prices are too much for me.

I'm even making starter yeast for bread! Which makes me feel all sorts of girl gone wild.

I just got a dutch oven and a george foreman, and I'm hoping to stick to it and lose weight this time. Not yo-yo. Not feel terrible through it and wonder why it was so bad to have those extra pounds, why can't I eat what I want, what's so bad about being me ... you know, those thoughts :)

So I don't want to quit again, and support would be great. I've already got some but more would be wonderful.

Replies

• irish_elfin
    irish_elfin Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I am in the exact same situation. I am 40 in just a few weeks and I joined this group - 10 years ahead of us with this group. I am noticing a lot of food intolerances that I never had before. I have switched to a vegan diet (even meat and dairy seem to bother me). 1.5 weeks and so far so good. Would be happy to be your friend and go on this journey together.