What to get at Whole Foods

Options
dym123
dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
This Saturday I will be coordinating an adoption event at a Whole Foods (I volunteer with a local animal rescue org) and I thought afterwards I'd do a little shopping. What are some your favorite things to get at Whole Foods?

Replies

• kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I like to get the "unusual" things like flax seed, chia seeds, unsweetened dried coconut, local honey. I might pick up a few organic veggies and fruit if I need some and I'm there.
  • leroyizzy
    leroyizzy Posts: 55
    Options
    Lots of organic produce, local honey, grass fed beef, happy chickens, delicious kale salad from the deli, Ezekiel bread & tortillas... I could go on all day :(
  • czecher
    czecher Posts: 21
    Options
    I go there specifically for the kambucha tea (gt daves). Nowhere else has the grape flavor and I recently discovered the chai version!!

Whole foods is commonly known as whole paycheck because they seem to be a little pricier than other health food stores. I can find produce much cheaper at trader joes.

They do have a lot of different things there and it is always fun to check it out. Whole foods normally sells lots of local produce, too, so that is a bonus.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Whole Foods is also called Whole Paycheck where I am because it's pricey. I like going to WF, but I also like shopping at a local health food store too. At Whole Foods, I get local organic produce. It's a win-win..it's local and organic. I also like to get something from the fresh deli/salad bar especially if I'm there early when the food still seems fresh. They sell duck in their poultry/meat area and it's not easy to find duck at my local supermarket, so I stock up on that.