FIVE Days

Options
2»

Replies

• Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    glossbones wrote: »
    I like to make chicken salad (I enjoy tuna salad but hate making it, so sometimes I get some from the deli). Eat it with a spoon!

Can you have mayo?

Unfortunately not, no eggs.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    What about a mayo sub like this? You could add something to up the fats naturally...

Mayonnaise Substitute: Egg-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free Recipe
    Makes 16 servings

Yum! Avocado-based mayo sub

Recipe Ingredients for Mayonnaise Substitute: egg-free, dairy-free, soy-free
    1 avocado, cut in chunks
    3 tbsp lemon juice
    2 tsp Dijon mustard
    1 tbsp plain yogurt (goat)
    1/2 tsp paprika
    1/4 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp pepper
    Recipe Directions for Mayonnaise Substitute: egg-free, dairy-free, soy-free
    Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender. Pulse to combine. Taste, and add additional bits of any ingredients to get the mayo sub to your flavor preference.

Can add a dash of sugar if you prefer sweeter mayo!

Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size 17.2g
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories 22 Calories from Fat 16
    % Daily Value*
    Total Fat 1.8g 3%
    Saturated Fat 0.2g 1%
    Trans Fat 0.0g
    Cholesterol 0mg 0%
    Sodium 45mg 2%
    Potassium 70mg 2%
    Total Carbohydrates 1.4g 0%
    Dietary Fiber 0.9g 4%
    Sugars 0.2g
    Protein 0.3g
    Vitamin A 1% • Vitamin C 4% Calcium 0% • Iron 1%
    * Based on a 2000 calorie diet

Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.

Read more: Calories in Mayonnaise Substitute: Egg-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free | Nutrition and Health Facts http://www.caloriecount.com/mayonnaise-substitute-egg-free-dairy-recipe-r109278#ixzz3c7cdeTzk
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Or this?

Corn-Free, Egg-Free and Soy-Free Mayonnaise
    (printable recipe)
    Makes about 1/2 cup of mayo.
    1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (you can use a lighter colored oil, such as canola or sunflower for a whiter mayo)
    1/4 cup Water
    1/2 tsp. Lemon Juice, freshly squeezed
    1/2 tsp. White Wine Vinegar
    2 tsp. White Rice Flour (or use 1/2 tsp. coconut flour for a grain-free alternative)
    1 tsp. Arrowroot
    3/4 tsp. Guar Gum (or use 1/2 tsp of Xanthan Gum if corn is not an issue for you)
    1/2 tsp. Agave Nectar
    1/4 tsp. Dry Mustard
    1/2 tsp. Sea Salt (iodized salt contains corn in the form of dextrose)
    Throw everything into a blender (I use a Vitamix) and blend until mixture emulsifies and thickens.
    Store in the refrigerator for up to a week.
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    What about a mayo sub like this? You could add something to up the fats naturally...

Mayonnaise Substitute: Egg-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free Recipe
    Makes 16 servings

Yum! Avocado-based mayo sub

Recipe Ingredients for Mayonnaise Substitute: egg-free, dairy-free, soy-free
    1 avocado, cut in chunks
    3 tbsp lemon juice
    2 tsp Dijon mustard
    1 tbsp plain yogurt (goat)
    1/2 tsp paprika
    1/4 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp pepper
    Recipe Directions for Mayonnaise Substitute: egg-free, dairy-free, soy-free
    Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender. Pulse to combine. Taste, and add additional bits of any ingredients to get the mayo sub to your flavor preference.

Can add a dash of sugar if you prefer sweeter mayo!

Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size 17.2g
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories 22 Calories from Fat 16
    % Daily Value*
    Total Fat 1.8g 3%
    Saturated Fat 0.2g 1%
    Trans Fat 0.0g
    Cholesterol 0mg 0%
    Sodium 45mg 2%
    Potassium 70mg 2%
    Total Carbohydrates 1.4g 0%
    Dietary Fiber 0.9g 4%
    Sugars 0.2g
    Protein 0.3g
    Vitamin A 1% • Vitamin C 4% Calcium 0% • Iron 1%
    * Based on a 2000 calorie diet

Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.

Read more: Calories in Mayonnaise Substitute: Egg-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free | Nutrition and Health Facts http://www.caloriecount.com/mayonnaise-substitute-egg-free-dairy-recipe-r109278#ixzz3c7cdeTzk

Sounds unlike mayonnaise but good anyway!

• Twibbly
    Options
    The first one might work. I think I'm going to batch cook my lunches, then try to figure out what I can batch cook for dinner.
  • Twibbly
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I need to ramp up coconut oil more slowly. Added a spoonful to my stir fry yesterday, still feeling the results.

Other than that, I'm on day 9 of not eating things that actively (or passively) try to kill me.
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Just out of curiosity, what did you previously eat that actively tried to kill you? And can I watch it on youtube? :)
  • Couchpotato39
    Couchpotato39 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I have also just hit 5 days. I plan on weighing on Monday so I'm not sure how much I have lost. I'm good with most of the low carb food but I can definitely tell that I am going to get tired of eggs for breakfast.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    @Twibbly, you are on a roll with this woe now! Good for you!
    @wabmester, lol! It would be cool to see. But I feel that potatoes were actively killing me!
    @Couchpotato39, 5 days is worthy of a happy dance! Dancin here for you! WOO HOO! Hang in there!!
  • saraphim41
    saraphim41 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Twibbly wrote: »
    I almost got Fritos yesterday. Then, I realized that before dinner, I was still under 500 calories! No wonder I was exhausted and didn't want to cook. Ate steak and green beans, didn't want Fritos anymore! I think I need to make lunch my bigger meal of the day, especially since I can batch cook stir fry, taco meat, roast, or barbecue for me (my husband won't eat any of those). I think I might also be low on salt. I barely salt my food, but I do salt my water. Took a salt capsule this morning, will add more to my water, and take another tonight.

Be very careful with the salt caps. In Arkansas, where I grew up, the temps lived at 110-125 through most of August and September (harvest time for corn, and going into cotton). So people took salt tablets. They don't dissolve well, so they sometimes just sit on your stomach lining, promoting ulcers and other aggravation. Open the salt caps and pour the salt on your food or in your drink. Just my 2 cents.
  • Twibbly
    Options
    saraphim41 wrote: »
    I almost got Fritos yesterday. Then, I realized that before dinner, I was still under 500 calories! No wonder I was exhausted and didn't want to cook. Ate steak and green beans, didn't want Fritos anymore! I think I need to make lunch my bigger meal of the day, especially since I can batch cook stir fry, taco meat, roast, or barbecue for me (my husband won't eat any of those). I think I might also be low on salt. I barely salt my food, but I do salt my water. Took a salt capsule this morning, will add more to my water, and take another tonight.

Be very careful with the salt caps. In Arkansas, where I grew up, the temps lived at 110-125 through most of August and September (harvest time for corn, and going into cotton). So people took salt tablets. They don't dissolve well, so they sometimes just sit on your stomach lining, promoting ulcers and other aggravation. Open the salt caps and pour the salt on your food or in your drink. Just my 2 cents.

The ones I have aren't the tablets, they're actually capsules that you can see the pieces of salt inside. I'm not worried about them not dissolving, but thanks for the warning.
  • Twibbly
    Options
    wabmester wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity, what did you previously eat that actively tried to kill you? And can I watch it on youtube? :)

Well, it sure feels like some of them are trying to actively kill me from the inside out, does that count?
  • Twibbly
    Options
    Awesome! I have also just hit 5 days. I plan on weighing on Monday so I'm not sure how much I have lost. I'm good with most of the low carb food but I can definitely tell that I am going to get tired of eggs for breakfast.

So be weird and eat pot roast for breakfast. Or fish. Or Chicken. Or...

Just because other people call it breakfast food doesn't mean you can't eat other things then!
  • Twibbly
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I need to ramp up coconut oil more slowly. Added a spoonful to my stir fry yesterday, still feeling the results.

Other than that, I'm on day 9 of not eating things that actively (or passively) try to kill me.

If it isn't the coconut oil, then I shudder to think of what I'm going to have left to eat soon. The only other thing I can think of is FODMAPS. If that's the case, I have the book I should be eating by, but that diet gets insanely restrictive until everything heals back up...

Funny thing is, my digestive system feels fine. I just have to keep going and going and going...
  • gsp90x
    gsp90x Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Don't worry yet twibbly, unfortunately coconut oil is known to do that. Some people do need to start slowly with it. :(
  • Twibbly
    Options
    Yeah, I've had it before, just never had it last that long!