green coffee/garcinia cambogia ?

Options
audra145
audra145 Posts: 17 Member
I took my first dose of this early this morning and for about an hour i could have hurt someone for a while. I did not feel right at all. Has anyone else used this? Going to reduce the dose. Possibly just too much starting out :-(

Replies

• itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Why are you taking this?
  • badgerifical
    badgerifical Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This stuff made me gain 4 pounds. Maybe it works for other people, but it was not for me.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,966 Member
    Options
    I hate to say this because it's going to sound harsh, but there are no magic supplements or pills. What will make you lose weight is consistency and persistence on your weight loss plan and for time to pass (provided you don't have any imbalances or conditions that make weight loss harder. But supplements probably won't help that either.)

This article seems to address both those supplements well.
    http://www.menshealth.com/weight-loss/weight-loss-supplement-truth

And do remember that supplements aren't regulated in the US. I've been poisoned by supplements before. It's something you have to be really careful with. If you don't feel good, then don't take it. In the past I tried taking supplements to help with weight loss. They just don't work. It'll give you expensive pee though, and sometimes give you the flaming runs.

The hardest thing, but the thing we need most when trying to lose weight, is something you can't find in a pill. It's patience. Tricky and elusive, but necessary.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I had similar reactions to Metabolife, back in the day (15+ years ago)...jittery, cranky, not hungry, then starving...and always mental... Dunno if the principle is the same but sounds like. If you're wanting a metabolism boost, up your fats (coconut oil is great for this) and drop your carbs as low as possible... Best to do it as naturally as possible.... Too many added in things can break your metabolism...
  • GrannyMayOz
    GrannyMayOz Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Garcinia cambogia is supposed to 'eat away' the fat you consume in your diet. They are working on the supposition that dietary fat is a bad thing, but we know different. You *want* your dietary fat, that's the whole point of LCHF.