The motivation

Options
I need some help. I've fallen off my wagon exercise wagon, doing ok on food. I need to start again and know how good i feel when i am doing the workout. How do you guys find the motivation to start over? I feel i just need to get in the right mental state, but I am not there right now. I know the biggest part is probably just doing it. What has worked for you guys?

Replies

• jakesgirl05
    Options
    You're right. I do it no matter how I feel. I may complain and whine and be a brat , but u do it and get it over with. Then in like, "Ha!! How ya like me now! Thought u wouldn't huh? Haha!! I did it!" For me it's just over and over again. I just keep doing it. I swear sometimes, I just dread it, don't wanna, can't I just take a day off if this work out? Nope. I just keep thinking of two things....
    1, how will I feel after a few months if I do this thing and stay with it?
    2, how will I feel after a few months if I don't?
    Time will move on whether I do the deal or not. So what does it look like for me in a few months? It's gonna arrive either way, nothing I can do about that. The only thing I have a say over is my actions and behavior. So, I see the results and I go in that direction. Blue and red will always make purple. Doesn't matter is I try and make it green. Action, results. The result I want dictates the action and there ain't nothin' telling menu can't ! Okay, so many being a brat works for me hahaha!
    You just go do it lady!! I know you can! Can't wait to watch you succeed! It's exciting! Glad your back! You were missed!!
  • getsuyoubi
    getsuyoubi Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hey there,
    I also have to motivate myself everyday and depending on good and bad days it is easy or very hard.

I try not to negotiate the intensity of the Jillian Michaels workout, but I sometimes reduce weights also, on average day I would continue with cardio on bad days just ask myself to do the minimum (once done with the workout, I usually end up doing it anyway ^^).

So, 1) convince yourself into starting by looking at the minimal requirement. And 2) promise yourself a tiny non-food reward (I like gaming, so I allowed myself one hour gaming yesterday afterwards).

Lastly, look at it as part of your work (you have to do that every day for getting salary, right?)!