It's working, it's just so freaking slow.

Options
2»

Replies

• RMLMoore
    RMLMoore Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    That is me too. I need to keep on the daily weigh ins or oe I relax too much and its 5 pounds to lose. I have 6 - 7 to go but they are going slowly ....
  • 19jackie54
    19jackie54 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My nutrition coach tells me not to eat my exercise calories and has me at 1400 a day no matter how much exercise I do. I usually do 300-400 exercise calories each day. I think that's why it's working for me now as I have done this before and I always ate my exercise calories. I only want to lose 7-10 and the first 4 came off in the first month. I hope it keeps going, slow and steady wins the race. I am being more patient this time and hoping it stays off.
  • 19jackie54
    19jackie54 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    pepita15 wrote: »
    Anyone want to share what type of eating they followed? Eating every 2 hrs, 3 hours, not eating for 12 hours? I'm starting and I'm confused as to the best way to parcel out my 1200 calories. Thanks

I space mine out over 3 small to moderate meals and 2 snacks. So I generally eat something every two hours. I always have carrots and cucumbers with me so I can have them if the 2 hours is tough. I take in more for breakfast if I have time, and do a lighter lunch and dinner. This way I can eat something a couple of hours after dinner because I cannot eat very big meals.
  • Suzettedl
    Suzettedl Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am so frustrated. I want to loose 15 pounds. The last time I did it through weight watchers. I have tracked for ten days and gained weight. 1200 calories but not much exercise. I gained. I think I need daily weigh ins too because it is too disappointing to wait a week and then find out you haven't made progress. Looking for friends to stay motivated
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    Remember also that it depends on a LOT of things how much you gain or lose in total pounds over a short period. Women tend to have more issues with water weight varying depending on the time of the month. :) You may have lost one pound of fat and gained 3 (temporarily) in water!
  • starfish235
    starfish235 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    The last calories are a smaller percent of the total you need for maintance is the deal. Keep a more accurate count of each calorie is the other thing. The fit bit has been helping a lot in recent months.

• Jen2133
    Jen2133 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Anyone want to share what type of eating they followed?

New to this group and am half way to my goal. I started at 143lbs two months ago, now at 134.8lbs, aiming for 125lbs!

I am having a smoothie for breakfast and lunch (about 350 calories each) and then a healthy, balanced dinner of about 500 - 700 calories. Depending how much exercise I do, I will usually eat-back about half of the calories in healthy snacks. I'm avoiding processed food and sugar, but do enjoy a glass of wine with dinner :)
  • Sherryfood95
    Sherryfood95 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Yep, I can make quick losses but they aren't permanent. The real fat takes time. It is so discouraging to work so hard for so little loss. I'm just grateful I don't have more to lose at this pace.
  • beckajnolan
    beckajnolan Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I had lost 23 pounds, I was on a 1200 calorie a day diet, running 5km 5 days a week and was at my goal weight. Made it through Christmas without a pound gained and two weeks ago I found myself 10lbs heavier, and back to 1200 calories a day. I eat two egg whites everyone morning and cottage cheese, keep lots of cut up veggies close at hand at work, spinach salad, at lunch and usually meat and potatoes at supper. I tried other types of lettuce for my salad but nothing fills me up like spinach does. No changes in my weight yet but I definitly have more energy.

If I am hungry I'll drink a cup of water and wait ten minutes before I have a snack. I find it helps keep me from oversnacking.

Congrats on your progress everyone
  • RRDKRD
    RRDKRD Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I also drink a glass of water before I eat. I find most of the time it keeps me from snacking at all. One of my biggest changes has been eating clean as much as possible. I also don't stress out about eating breakfast anymore, if I am not hungry I don't eat. If I am I usually have a fruit and protein shake, or keep it simple with an egg and fruit. So far this is working for me. I lost 5 lbs in the last two weeks, 45 more lbs to go. It seemed to take a while before I ever saw definite weight loss, and I was about to get very discouraged, then boom, weight loss. I weighed myself morning and night just to make sure it wasn't just a regular daily fluctuation in weight, and to make sure it was really gone. (I have gone back to a once a week weigh in.) I am rejoicing in every step or lb towards my goal.
    Sometimes progress is measured by gaining muscle, by being healthier, but as long as we keep going it eventually shows in weight loss. :sweat_smile: