want to EAT!

Options
tlmeyn
tlmeyn Posts: 369 Member
Irritated, frustrated and tired today and fighting the urge to shove food into my mouth every minute. no, I am not hungry, but why does it feel the same as hunger?

Wish me luck today!'

Replies

• Verdenal
    Verdenal Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    tlmeyn wrote: »
    Irritated, frustrated and tired today and fighting the urge to shove food into my mouth every minute. no, I am not hungry, but why does it feel the same as hunger?

Wish me luck today!'

I'm not dismissing your comment, but it is not the same as hunger. With hunger, you have hunger pangs. With those other feelings, you may feel emptiness or desire distraction from negative emotions. Can you do something, like get up and take a brisk walk?

• tlmeyn
    Options
    I had to Get out anyway. I know it's not hunger. It just gets so strong sometimes. But thanks. I only went about 100 over goal I feel better.
  • ItsFinallyHappening
    ItsFinallyHappening Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. When I'm tired or frustrated I find myself popping junkfood nonstop. It's such a bad reaction to my frustration then I get frustrated with myself for being weak and caving. I love to read novels but need to give it up as it's a trigger to binge, get frustrated with myself and give up

It's time for a change It's time for me to change my reaction to stress frustration and reading. You can do it too
  • tlmeyn
    Options
    OMG, I love to eat when I read too... It's a really bad habit. I have SO many triggers.. lol, but I am getting better at fighting them.
  • woznube7
    woznube7 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    @tlmeyn:

Oh.. the MINDLESS eating!! What an annoyance, huh? Great job for keeping it mostly at bay.. you get a POTB (pat on the back).

One day at a time! :)
  • sassytree64
    sassytree64 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I was that way today. I just wanted to eat..like a smothered beef burrito. But I went for a walk and stopped at Subway for an Oven Roasted Chicken breast sandwich with some of inside bread removed. I am now full and te craving is gone and I don't hate myself. Just keep telling yourself, you got this!!! You can do it!!!