Need support? Come here to let us share the burden with you!

Options
DorisSilver50
DorisSilver50 Posts: 98 Member
One of the things we liked best about the NS blogs was that they allowed us to share our burdens and request support from our NS family. Now that those are gone, we are still supporting each other but sometimes we miss the posts on the homepage since there is so much reported there. I am creating this page for those who need a boost, support, a shoulder, an ear...anything that we can give to each other to make this journey that much easier:) Feel free to post here anything that may be troubling you and know that your NS family will be there to lift you up!

Replies

• Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Hello Doris and thanks for this thread. Hope things are going o.k. with you, too.
  • suegen1
    suegen1 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hello Doris :) thanks for creating this thread!!
  • hollymonster214
    hollymonster214 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I've been on NS for all of 17 hours now. Haha. I have no NS friends with open diaries or anything. While I'm doing ok today I'm sure I'll have gripes to share soon :) Feel free to add me if you have your diary open. I'm looking for ways to get all my veggies in without just chomping on carrots all day.
  • Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Hi holly

Welcome. I am Flo. My diary isn't public, but if you need friendly support otherwise, I'm here.

Good luck with the Plan. This is a great supportive place to be.

Check out all of the groups. We have several that talk about foods, recipes, etc.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I've been on NS for all of 17 hours now. Haha. I have no NS friends with open diaries or anything. While I'm doing ok today I'm sure I'll have gripes to share soon :) Feel free to add me if you have your diary open. I'm looking for ways to get all my veggies in without just chomping on carrots all day.

Hi Holly
    I use frozen vegetables and Microwave them. You just need to watch the ingredients as Corn and Peas are not considered Vegetables on Nutrisystem.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Hi Holly
    Welcome to the group. :)
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options

I sent you a friend request....my food diary is open to friends. Welcome aboard!
    ~Val
  • kayakqueen53
    kayakqueen53 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi, Doris. I'm glad you started this discussion. I have felt really alone and disconnected lately. I've been so stressed out and burned out (work and home stress), that I have had a difficult time staying on the program some days. I start eating, then I just keep on eating until I'm way past 1200 calories.

Numi is frustrating me. It keeps putting my weight at 198.6, no matter what I do. I log in a weight loss and the next time I check in, the weight on Numi shows that I've gained weight and it's right back at 198.6. I emailed the company, but haven't had time to call a "counselor" yet. I sometimes think that I am now communicating with "Hal," the computer in the film 2001: A Space Odyssey. "Sorry, Amy. Your weight has gone up again. Sorry you've had a bit of a gain...."

One of the big pluses to Nutrisystem was the online community. I don't have a lot of time to go to a meeting, such as Weight Watchers. The blogs were a lifesaver for me. I didn't use the discussion boards much. But the resources were there right on the Nutrisystem website.

Now there are no more blogs or discussion boards. And there are 3 different websites: Numi, Nutrisystem and The Leaf. (Have you seen that one yet? It just arrived this week, I think.) If you go to the general Nutrisystem website, you don't find the recipe center. You have to go to The Leaf. You can't get to recipes on Numi. It basically tracks (sort of) and gets you to the Daily Dose.

I'm not exasperated enough yet to quit the program. The food is still basically the same. I've lost close to 50 pounds so far and have more to go. If I quit, I might just go totally off the rails. I can't risk that right now. But I'm not a very happy camper.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi, Doris. I'm glad you started this discussion. I have felt really alone and disconnected lately. I've been so stressed out and burned out (work and home stress), that I have had a difficult time staying on the program some days. I start eating, then I just keep on eating until I'm way past 1200 calories.

Numi is frustrating me. It keeps putting my weight at 198.6, no matter what I do. I log in a weight loss and the next time I check in, the weight on Numi shows that I've gained weight and it's right back at 198.6. I emailed the company, but haven't had time to call a "counselor" yet. I sometimes think that I am now communicating with "Hal," the computer in the film 2001: A Space Odyssey. "Sorry, Amy. Your weight has gone up again. Sorry you've had a bit of a gain...."

One of the big pluses to Nutrisystem was the online community. I don't have a lot of time to go to a meeting, such as Weight Watchers. The blogs were a lifesaver for me. I didn't use the discussion boards much. But the resources were there right on the Nutrisystem website.

Now there are no more blogs or discussion boards. And there are 3 different websites: Numi, Nutrisystem and The Leaf. (Have you seen that one yet? It just arrived this week, I think.) If you go to the general Nutrisystem website, you don't find the recipe center. You have to go to The Leaf. You can't get to recipes on Numi. It basically tracks (sort of) and gets you to the Daily Dose.

I'm not exasperated enough yet to quit the program. The food is still basically the same. I've lost close to 50 pounds so far and have more to go. If I quit, I might just go totally off the rails. I can't risk that right now. But I'm not a very happy camper.

Hi
    Look around here, we are a friendly bunch of people. Look at the various message thread, If You do not see one That suits You, You can start a new message of Your own

I think they made a mistake closing the old forums too.

Good Luck
    Roger

P.S. I added a
    NS Equivalent Entrees From Feb 10 2015 by Michelle (m2marsh) here

I am posting the 24 images (pages) of Entrees.

This set of 24 images is the complete NS Equivalent Entrees by Michelle from the Old NutriSystem Forums. These can be used if You run short of NS food before a delivery or to aid when You Flex.
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Hi Amy,

Sorry to hear you're having a tough time. I've definitely had 'enough' of those to fill a lifetime, so I can empathize.

I am a sole parent, 4 dogs, a house, and an intense demanding job that often tries to rob me of any personal time. I've recently had to deal with multiple police calls due to one set of neighbors (now i have a formal tresspass warning on them; I have security cameras; and next time, they get arrested...and they've been 'behaving' since...but I never know when that other shoe will drop). The old me, found a lot of comfort and enjoyment in food. Every time I turned to food, it was there for me, at whatever hour of whatever day, and I enjoyed it. But, too much of that, lead to my being more than 100 lbs overweight. Tying my shoes was hard. I did not meet the weight requirements for so many activities that my kid wanted to do, that my fat-ness was preventing her from experiencing many activities. My parents were both obese. Dad died at age 44. Mom lived to 69, but the last 20 years were plagued with health problems...and last 15 years were full of multiple strokes and hospitals, and really had minimal quality or freedom. So, my first light bulb was, unless I do something different, that will be my future (I want to avoid/prevent heart and stroke problems). I also don't want my 12yo to have to deal with an ill mom (if I had a stroke, I'd have to give custody to a friend...and I want to raise my kid, and I want to be there for her).

As I've gone along this healthy-living path...I've rediscovered ME, and that there are things I want to do. Yes, I still want to optimize my health to give my 12yo a good example, and a healthy mom. But, I'm finding more freedom inside me when I'm choosing health.

I agree that the NS blogs and boards were great, and NuMi is flakey and of almost no value. But...we are fortunate that there are so many NS refugees here together. Even though I'm disappointed with the NS company because of their poor communication and website decisions, I still really appreciate the program. I've learned and now really love my PFs and veggies...and appreciate the convenience of the prepared, portion-sized NS food (I only get the shelf-stable stuff because I'm cheap). I love that I can have PIZZA almost daily, and still lose weight.

The MFP "HOME" screen (app or PC) acts similar to the NS blogs. That's often where I post my thoughts/experiences/new info/questions/accomplishments. And many of my NS friends do the same so I can see a quick one-stop location on how things are going, and easily keep in touch.

I can understand what "busy" is! A couple weeks ago, I worked 16-to-20 hour days for a week...and then got quite ill. So much so that I could barely walk my dogs around the block vs. my previous 2-miles a day with them. I'm finally feeling better! But, really lost a lot of stamina just in those couple weeks. But, I'll get it back. Plus, I just joined a gym, to start strength training.

Doing THE BEST THAT I CAN for my health has become a core value for me...health gives us the most freedom (and feels good!). And health really starts with what (and how much) we eat. And, then if we can get moving too, that boosts the overall health benefit and gets the happy-feeling endorphins flowing.

How often do you get to go kayaking? I used to own my own kayak, and went on the lake almost weekly...which I loved! I miss that...really enjoy being out on the water.

I had to sell the kayaks and that house when life pretty much collapsed (had premie baby, husband surprised me with an ultimatum to either abandon the baby or he would leave; lost my job due to physical disability (temporary); husband emptied our joint bank account and house while i was hospitalized; older daughter developed bipolar disorder; best friend died; mom died; I had multiple surgeries...it was a very rough year). But, that was 12 years ago, and I'm back up (my 12yo is doing great!) and I'm so thankful that I can still make choices to help my own health and fitness...and that I can make choices for my present and future.

So, you're not alone out here...if you've lost touch with other NS friends...check out my friend list and see if you recognize anyone. Some are much more chatty than others, but all have been kind and positive!

Take good care of you!
    Val