keto vs lchf

Options
2»

Replies

• professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    That was the other part I forgot to say above - for some people, LCHF is sufficient to lose weight and gain health. Others, like me with insulin resistance and other problems, require something more intense like a Ketogenic diet for strong success rates.

Best recommendation is to start out around 100 grams of carbs a day (set your protein high enough to maintain muscles for most women, that's usually 60-120 grams a day), and fill in the rest with fats.

Lower your carbs (make one change a week or so) until your cravings stop and you feel better, starting losing weight, etc. Only you can figure out what feels best for YOU!

Me too!

Insulin resistant after years of abusive eating.

I worked out a carb number I can live with.

64 is my macro target

Sometimes I hit 80 rarely. It seems to be the sweet spot

Am I allowed to say sweet spot in the Low Carb Forum?

Ha!

Have an awesome weekend!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    That was the other part I forgot to say above - for some people, LCHF is sufficient to lose weight and gain health. Others, like me with insulin resistance and other problems, require something more intense like a Ketogenic diet for strong success rates.

Best recommendation is to start out around 100 grams of carbs a day (set your protein high enough to maintain muscles for most women, that's usually 60-120 grams a day), and fill in the rest with fats.

Lower your carbs (make one change a week or so) until your cravings stop and you feel better, starting losing weight, etc. Only you can figure out what feels best for YOU!

Me too!

Insulin resistant after years of abusive eating.

I worked out a carb number I can live with.

64 is my macro target

Sometimes I hit 80 rarely. It seems to be the sweet spot

Am I allowed to say sweet spot in the Low Carb Forum?

Ha!

Have an awesome weekend!

As for "sweet spot," this way of eating helps break those addictions and compulsions - at least for me! - so that term holds no sway over me anymore! :) So it's all good with me.