Running belt?

Options
JSC145
JSC145 Posts: 79 Member
Hi guys,

Not sure if this topic has popped up before but I couldn't find it when I searched for it

Does anyone use a running belt when they run? I've been safety pinning my apt key to the inside of my bra and holding my cell phone in my hand but I think it's time to invest in something. I've tried arm bands in the past and HATED them.

I was wondering if any of you guys use a running belt... I'd prefer something light and slim that'll fit just my phone, a key and ID. Preferably not one that looks like a fanny pack and won't bounce up and down when running....

JC

Replies

• ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I have a bum bag type but only bounces around with a water bottle in it. So it does not cause an issue from bouncing most of the time. The bigger distraction is the water sloshing around, but that would not be an issue for you. For most runs the running shorts/ tights I use, have a small zippered pocket at the back. It is big enough for keys, id and a phone, but I am not using a smart phone, which are getting bigger and bigger. A couple of my running tops also have small zippered pockets in them. Depends on how you want to fix the issue. Bag or inbuilt storage
  • mrsjatty
    mrsjatty Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I use "in built storage " too lol, my tights, like robbies have a small zipped pocket at the back. I'm running in a top that is also zip front and has an inside pocket that I zip my phone in to so the head phone cord does not flap around, I was forever pulling them out when worn outside top.I use my phone for the app and for music, but I want to start running without it. I got the top at Kmart, super cheap I love it, it also has thumb holes and pull over cuffs for hand warmers!!
  • adam145
    adam145 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I've recently bought one of these, and it's adequate for my phone. Feels a little cheap, but then it was a little cheap, so I can't complain too much! I don't notice it after a few minutes.
  • ChelleBelle2708
    ChelleBelle2708 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I've just bought a flip belt from Amazon and wow its amazing. Its a little pricey but its fab. Its basically a lycra tube with holes. Its fits snug to your body so doesn't move when you run. You slot phone, keys, cards, etc in through the holes (there is also a little clip to attached keys too), and then flip the whole belt over so the holes are now against your body. I'm so pleased with it and wish I hadn't wasted £20 on two different bum bag style holders
  • JSC145
    JSC145 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    @ChelleBelle2708 awesome. i was looking at the flipbelt on amazon but wasn't sure about it. I was imagining it was kind of like panty hose and I have a samsung5 which is a little heavy. I was imagining it bouncing up and down. But if it's working well for you, I may give it a whirl despite the price

@adam145 unfortunately, the lupo belt isn't available in the states. But i was also thinking about the "spibelt"...

JC
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    I know quite a few people who use spibelts, it's on my list of items to get.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    For keys/ bank card then all my shorts and tights have a small pocket at the back.

I used to use a TNF Flight Series waist pack with two 500ml bottles and enough space for keys/ phone/ gel, but now that I don't need to drink on anything up to 10 miles I generally don't bother with it.

For longer sessions I use a Camelbak.
  • DaveAkeman
    DaveAkeman Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I put my phone (Samsung Galaxy S4) in the pocket of my shorts . . . not even a zipper pocket or anything . . . and it works well. I've never had any problems. I used to put a pocket knife and ID in the other pocket, but I've stopped doing that. I have keyless entry on my house, so I don't have to worry about that. When I drive somewhere so I need a car key, I try to give the key to someone to hold for me, or I try to find somewhere to hide it. (If I'm going somewhere to run, it's usually a fairly rural park or something . . . not too unsecure)

Speaking of stashing things . . . I sometimes also stash a post-run drink (protein shake, chocolate milk, etc) somewhere near the end of my run, so I can grab it when I finish running and drink it during my 5 minute cool-down walk.

As I get into longer runs, I'm going to have to figure out how to carry water, and perhaps a little cash. (I'm generally only running 5k right now, but I just did a 60 minute run this week)

I've recently seen the flip belts at a local REI, and I was intrigued. Not intrigued enough to buy one, but intrigued a little bit.