6/5/15

Options
KarenZen
KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
Hey gang,
I read and replied to some of the threads, and I was just writing to Zac about how good roasted cauliflower and carrots are, when I came up with a new goal for summer. Since my surgery in December, I've pretty much stopped cooking except for special occasions or when Jim pleads with me, LOL. I've really relied on protein shakes, pre-cooked chicken, lean cuisine, and fruit. It's working... I am officially 101 pounds lighter than I was six months ago!
But summer is here, and I'm ready to shop the local farms for some healthier options.

My summer goal is to cook something really tasty and VERY healthy every week, and to post a photo and recipe here. By fall, I'd like to have a go-to collection of recipes that I can make, freeze what I can freeze and stop the lean cuisines (mostly because of high sodium and price). With Jim dieting now (yay!!! He has lost NINE pounds!), we eat so much less and can afford more organic meat, Hurrah!

K.

Replies

• catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great goal Karen!! And congrats to Jim for losing 9 pounds!! I am jealous of that beautiful lake of yours!!! Would love to swim every day!!! That roasted cauliflower sounded pretty darn good too! I may have to try it.

I was reviewing a bunch of low fat or low calorie recipes for popsicles or fudgesicles. I love having that cold stuff during the summer and I will try and make some to curb my cravings!
  • KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I usually keep sugar free fudgesicles in the house--would love to make my own! Let me know if you find a good recipe.

As for the lake, we have a spare bed with your name on it. Any time!
    K.
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    KarenZen wrote: »
    I usually keep sugar free fudgesicles in the house--would love to make my own! Let me know if you find a good recipe.

As for the lake, we have a spare bed with your name on it. Any time!
    K.

Will see what I can find Karen...and thanks for the spare bed offer!!! Same to you for AZ when I finally make it home for good!