Options
chainsaw715
chainsaw715 Posts: 3 Member
Just seriously starting,180 over weight. 52 yr old male. Can't carry this burden any more.

Replies

• rdbasile
    rdbasile Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Add me as a friend if you like. I'm really supportive and am looking for other supportive people. I have 45 to go.
  • kimberwolf71
    kimberwolf71 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm pretty new here too. Have been trying to eat clean for over a year and struggle with family members who have no interest and a snacking addiction lol. I like clean eating because I feel better and most importantly don't feel hungry. I'm hoping it will be a lifestyle not a diet.
  • DreamOn145
    DreamOn145 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    New here also. Hello everyone. New to this group I mean, I have been on MFP for a year and struggled through some serious health problems on it, severe enough that I took an early retirement. It has been a battle, but things are getting really better now! Learning about clean eating at this point!
  • Breeza002
    Breeza002 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I figured I would say hello, i am new to this group also :)
  • chainsaw715
    Options
    Today is 10 days clean. Although a couple of nights I ate some pizza with the kids. Down Nine Pounds. Low energy today I think it's the heat.
  • honeybenn
    honeybenn Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am a returning MFP user and I am struggling. I wish to eat clean because that can be a way of eating for life, however I have little support from friends and family and I need encouragement from others who face the struggle everyday. I need friends please friend me if you can use a WL buddy!! I have 90 pounds to lose.
  • thisnursewillbehot
    thisnursewillbehot Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm about 4 weeks in. I've found that the longer I eat the clean, the easier it gets. I no longer crave fast food or anything with an ingredients lists. We are here to support you!
  • rdbasile
    rdbasile Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I am trying to eat entirely clean foods and I'mnew to this group. Im still fighting a sugar addiction.
  • LuanaBean
    LuanaBean Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm two weeks in and fairly new as well. So glad to find this group! I will support you.
  • chainsaw715
    Options
    I'm 11 days In. The hardest thing for me to give up is bread. Bread is my kriptonite. After drinking 8 to 10 20 Oz dt Mt dews for years I've been clean since easter.
  • kimberwolf71
    kimberwolf71 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I was a carb-aholic in general.... I used to say baked tortellini with alfredo sauce and garlic toast was the best meal ever! I don't really miss the pasta but I hear you about the bread!!!! I have given up the dull store bought generic bread and buns and reserve myself for special treats of homemade delicacies on occasion without beating myself up over it. the downfall to this plan is it that it has become relatively easy each day but one taste and I fight cravings galore for a couple of days. I'm not ready to fully commit to cold turkey forever yet
  • lovesdivine
    lovesdivine Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    New to the group and message boards...not new to tracking in MFP though. I have been eating much cleaner since February. I tried eating low carb but after 4 months I really was not losing weight like I wanted to so I have gone much closer to a Mediterranean kind of eating, but keeping it whole and mostly fresh and almost always homemade. I have slightly high cholesterol and my doctor is watching it closely to determine if meds are for me. I don't want to go on meds...my sugar is also borderline high. Sigh. Genetics. Nice to "meet" all of you!
  • happygeri
    happygeri Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Great reading your posts. New here, nice meeting all of you, will be following closely.
  • irisgal345
    irisgal345 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I've recommitted myself to clean eating. Glad to meet you all and would love some more friends and share re ipes.