Atkins bars

Options
stevieedge2015
stevieedge2015 Posts: 46 Member
....I didn't listen when people said they could trigger sugar cravings. I had a mint one last night and about half an hour later it was like the shutters had gone down behind my eyes and I was frantically searching for sugar. A whole box of Cheerios later... I now agree, Atkins bars are the devil!

Replies

• AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    For some people they are horrible, for others they are OK. I can enjoy one every few days but I cannot let myself have one every day. I'm too cheap anyways. At $9.99 for a box of 6, I can't afford it.
  • KetoGirl83
    KetoGirl83 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    If it is for a treat I much prefer 85% or even 99% dark chocolate. The carbs (for a couple of squares) are manageable and it is not full of franken-ingredients.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    KetoGirl83 wrote: »
    If it is for a treat I much prefer 85% or even 99% dark chocolate. The carbs (for a couple of squares) are manageable and it is not full of franken-ingredients.

^^^ Agree with this so much. There are so many other treats I can have...
  • stevieedge2015
    stevieedge2015 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I know I do love the 85% Lindt but for some reason I bought the atkins bar...I've been losing and gaining the same 5lbs for the past two months due to falling off the wagon. Time to cut it out!
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    They're great for me. But nature valley chewy protein have the same net carbs for way cheaper.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    They're great for me. But nature valley chewy protein have the same net carbs for way cheaper.

Good to know!!! I haven't tried that particular one, but in a crunch, I'd rather avoid sugar alcohols at all costs (they are in round 12 of a world war with my tummy!).
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »

Good to know!!! I haven't tried that particular one, but in a crunch, I'd rather avoid sugar alcohols at all costs (they are in round 12 of a world war with my tummy!).

No sugar alcohols on the label. Doesn't mean they arent in there, but these aren't "sweet" bars, more of a salty or savory flavor I guess. The ones with dark chocolate have real sugar for just a bit of sweetness.
  • DCpaleochick
    DCpaleochick Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    dark chocolate the best!
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »

No sugar alcohols on the label. Doesn't mean they arent in there, but these aren't "sweet" bars, more of a salty or savory flavor I guess. The ones with dark chocolate have real sugar for just a bit of sweetness.

@sweetteadrinker2 LOL Sorry that wasn't clear. I was saying that it was good to know the net carbs was okay in those bars rather than having to aim for the sugar alcohls in the Atkins or Quest bars! :)