Really?

Options
Amanda82691
Amanda82691 Posts: 298 Member
Hey there everyone!

So this morning I went on to iifym.com and used their calculator to see what my macros are based on what they recommend. It told me that I should be eating 1515 calories a day with 216 grams of carbs, 89 grams of protein and 36 grams of fat???

Is this for real?? That seems so off. However I could be wrong. I am only 4'8 and I currently weight 145 looking to drop about 25-30lbs. I stay moderately active and I'm trying to increase my activity and working out.

What do you guys think?

Replies

• percey75
    percey75 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am also 145, my macros look like this:
    2150 Cals
    245 carbs on training days, 125 on rest days,
    70 fat

My goal was to lean out, but your protein should def be at least 1 gram per pound. If you want to lose weight, you need to up your protein and lower your fat... Carbs should stay the same, even when trying to lose the weight especially if your training is staying consistent. Just focus on the good carbs, and also make sure you have your low carb days in there too...
  • XavierNusum
    XavierNusum Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    What type of a deficit did you put in 10%, 15%? If you want a second opinion see this thread and try the calculator we use over at the EM2WL group.
    community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10137449/testers-for-a-simple-tdee-calc/p1

I imagine being as petite as you are that these numbers may be pretty close. Especially since IIFYM by default puts you in a "low fat" zone.