910xt not picking up cadence sensor

Options
Capt_Apollo
Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
Good morning all,

i have a 910xt with the GSC-10 Speed cadence sensor. I got it in 2012, and have had no issues with it, but Friday evening the sensor wouldn't get picked up by my 910. Of course it happened the day before a race.

I did the race without having cadence or speed available, no biggie. I'm home now, trying to fix it. The lights are lighting up, green and red, so i know it's properly aligned and the battery is working. Any tips on what could be wrong, or how i could fix it?

Thanks.

Replies

• glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options
    Hmm. Try re-pairing the 910xt with the sensor? Did you try changing the battery in the cadence sensor? I know the lights are indicating it is OK but it might not be transmitting powerfully enough.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Options
    tried re-pairing it, a hard reset on the watch (lost all my customized screens :'( ) and tried charging it, nothing.

will try new battery tomorrow.
  • glevinso
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Takes a CR2032. They are fairly easily obtained just about anywhere.

I buy them in 20-packs from Amazon since it seems all of the ANT+ gadgets use them. I have 4 cadence sensors, 4 power meters, 2 heart rate monitors, and a bunch of other various things that all seem to need those batteries all the time :)
  • Capt_Apollo
    Options
    it needed a new battery. guess it was strong enough for the lights, but not to transmit.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Options
    spoke too soon. put in a new battery, and it seems to be working, and initially it picked up the speed & cadence sensor, but then later that night when i went to work out, it wasn't picking it up at all.
  • glevinso
    Options
    Hmm. Does it pick up if you put the watch really close to it? Might be time to call Garmin about it
  • kchang77
    kchang77 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Did you recently upgrade the firmware on your watch? I know they just pushed an update last week. You may want to roll back.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Options
    sorry for the late update...

kchang, yes, the firmware was updated. i tried but couldn't get the old update to work.

i ended up getting a new cadence sensor, the new fully wireless ones, no magnets.
  • glevinso
    Options
    Huh... how does that work?
  • Capt_Apollo
    Options
    glevinso wrote: »
    Huh... how does that work?

motion sensors... they work great!!