Fibrous breast tissue

Options
getup25
getup25 Posts: 119 Member
My doctor just told me I have fibrous tissue in one. The other is fine. She doesn't see it as a problem. My mammogram results should be back soon. It was my routine one. It is sore in places. She recommended Vit E? I also read that Evening Primrose may also help. I drink one cup of regular coffee and one decaf coffee a day. Salt intake is usually under daily recommended. A lot of what I read says the menopause will help may help with this as it may have to do with estrogen. I would say I'm peri-menopausal. Is anyone else dealing with this and does anyone have suggestions?

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I have fibrocystic breasts. I started having mammograms at 40. Each year after the mammo I was called back in for the ultrasound (from slammogram to grindogram!). Each time the result was fine.
    I also had cyclical breast pain, and used Vit. E and Evening Primrose which helped.

I'm now, 50, and have the occasional, short period, and yes, my last two mammograms have been easier, better, and I was NOT called back for follow up, so that may be right. Good luck!
  • getup25
    Options
    I'm 53 and this is the first time that I have had this pain well at least that I noticed. I have a Mirena so I haven't had a period since about 2 years ago after the replace/not replace issue when my gynaecologist thought I was in menopause.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    getup25 wrote: »
    I'm 53 and this is the first time that I have had this pain well at least that I noticed. I have a Mirena so I haven't had a period since about 2 years ago after the replace/not replace issue when my gynaecologist thought I was in menopause.

Ah. Mirena made my boobs hurt like hell!
  • getup25
    Options
    I think this is my third one. I've never had this problem before. How long did it take for the Vit E and Primrose to help?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    getup25 wrote: »
    I think this is my third one. I've never had this problem before. How long did it take for the Vit E and Primrose to help?

Roughly one cycle, but that was when I had cycles of a regular sort.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I have breast issues. When they're squeezed in the right way (well, wrong way), they hurt. Sometimes when the cat steps on them, it hurts.

Last mammogram had to be redone, but I was cleared. Not that mammograms are all that great.

It's frustrating, getting older and wondering what is part of getting older and what is actually wrong.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    It's frustrating, getting older and wondering what is part of getting older and what is actually wrong.

^This! I see so many women shrug and say "x must be because of menopause" rather than asking their doctor—or even talking to their friends who are their age or older.

That's why I'm here—to learn from all y'all.