TOM

Options
2»

Replies

• auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    Thought mine was back on track but must be thrown off from coming out of keto, 4 days late, negative test too, bummer.
  • Metruis
    Metruis Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    My cycle used to be so much like clockwork I could call it down to pretty much the time of day it would start. It was so regular I knew the two points during my actual period that I could remove my cup and keep it out for a half a day-day because I wasn't actually bleeding at that point. Yes, it was that regular.

Then I started working out. I never actually considered the low carb as a reason too.

I skipped a month. It trickled in but kind of oddly heavy. Next month it definitely wasn't back on track. Oddly light, oddly painful. I don't have it right now even though I'm sure I should've started last week. I mean, it's only been 3 months, but it sure hasn't gotten back to normal.
  • danidanibobani
    danidanibobani Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I am joining the club! A little over one month, with one normal cycle at the beginning, and today I'm early and things are just weird. Normally everything is pretty normal, unless I'm pregnant, and since that is impossible, things are weird.
  • CoconuttyMummy
    CoconuttyMummy Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    This is my first TOM since going keto and its a week earlier and wayyyy heavier than before. Nice to know this is 'normal' until the body adjusts.

Another thing, does anyone notice their appetite increases during TOM? Im leaning towards blaming my period for over-eating today but im probably making excuses for just being a piglet!
  • danidanibobani
    danidanibobani Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I've been starving for the last few days. My stomach is rumbling even though I had two eggs and FIVE sausages two hours ago. Sheesh!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Hormone shifts definitely make me jump my calories during TOM, and after it fizzle off and balances out.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I had a total hysterectomy (removed my ovaries too) in 2013. My GYN told me that I had severe endometriosis all over the inside of my pelvic cavity, and with it being that bad there was no way to remove it all. I'm 47 now, but still too young to go without estrogen. Since I take the estrogen the endometriosis has remained "alive" (it lives off of estrogen), giving me the tom menstrual cramps every month. I have noticed a decrease in the severity of the pain since being ZC. Will continue to monitor these results!