Weekly Post 07. - 13.06.15

Options
flumi_f
flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
Well I'm 5 days post op and doing better each day. I'm still doing my bed sofa balcony lounge circuit. Reading and sleeping alot. But a bit more energy every day. Sutures out on Tuesday. After that it's all uphill. Hoping to be able to walk a little later this week.

Tomorrow I will drive to the farmers for local strawberries and asparagus. Yay,my first outing.

Not sure I'm up to fasting yet, but the goodies from the farmers will make for a low day.

Hope you are all doing well. Enjoy your week!

Replies

• ACSL3
    ACSL3 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear you're feeling better flumi! Even if it's slow progress, it's still progress. I love farmer's markets - hope you find some good stuff!

I don't know if any of you have done the premium thing on MFP, maybe you've already talked about it, but I just paid for it. It lets you personalize each day and I just set it up and it will let you put a goal of 500 calories for the day. So I just set it up to have 500 calories on Mon and Thurs and 1800 (my maintenance goal) on Tue, Wed, Fri, Sat, and Sun. I really like this ability :)
  • flumi_f
    Options
    I didn't go premium. But if you like the possibilities and they motivate you, go for it! !

Well sutures came out yesterday. Need to start trusting my body. I'm allowed to start standing straight, but I felt very hesitant about it yesterday. I slept a little flatter and went for a 500 m walk this morning and was more upright. Yay!

It's also very strange to look down and see the rolls are missing! Still lots of swelling but tummy is softer that yesterday :) The end result will take a few months. On course , I would think.

Have a wonderful day!
  • snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I am so glad you are doing so well. I am sure the end result is going to be fabulous! I must be so strange to see the 'extras' missing, strange but wonderful. Hope you have a wonderful and relaxing day too.
  • jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    @flumi_f - I would think you are in for a lot of physical changes over the next couple of months as your body heals. So glad to hear you are moving more. Every day a little bit better!
  • flumi_f
    Options
    You are right, jknight. Rubbed my tummy carefully this morning after my first shower since the operation. The shower alone felt like coming back to life! Though still a bit Frankensteiny, I'm a bit in awe. Never have I had a flatter stomach and it's still swollen! I really don't know how long I carried that belly flap, but a safe guess is 30 yrs with different amounts of filling along the way. And now it's gone...A bit surreal for me, more so than the breast correction to be honest.

In any case I am enjoying the changes already and am pleased with the healing process. I'm not even 2 weeks post op, have almost 80 cm of incisions and I'm walking around and feeling good B)
  • jknight001
    Options
    @flumi_f :joy: I am so happy for you!
  • flumi_f
    Options
    I moved in my sleep last night! ! This means moving is no longer painful. Yippee! I also slept on my side for a while. This was not possible a few days ago.

This morning after going to the farmers for fruits and veggies, I drove up to the forest nearby (normally I walk or run there...) and went for a 20 min walk (still slow, but a little faster and farther ). Charged my batteries and took a few minutes to sit and just breath in the smell and hear the sounds of one of my favorite places.

I am seriously contemplating on restarting 5:2 with a fast tomorrow. Can't fast today as mom invited me to dinner B)

All is good! Have a wonderful weekend!
  • jknight001
    edited June 2015
    Options
    flumi_f wrote: »

I am seriously contemplating on restarting 5:2 with a fast tomorrow. Can't fast today as mom invited me to dinner B)

Just remember that right now your body is in repair mode and needs nutrition to complete the job.
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Until now I didn't feel up to fasting, thus I didn't. Now I feel ready, I'll decide in the morning and see how the day goes.