New to group

Options
Annaduurai
Annaduurai Posts: 56 Member
edited June 2015 in Social Groups
Hi, I have started back on MFP a few days ago and saw this group. Years ago when I modeled (MANY MANY years ago) I binged and purged. Of course then it had the results I was looking for and I was tiny. I didn't realize that it would ruin the metabolism of future me. I got pregnant with my daughter and stopped the purging so she would be healthy, however the binge thoughts have never gone away. I gained soo much weight while having my kids and now that they are all grown and in college away from the house I really can't blame it on having kids anymore can I? My self control issues coupled with a bad car accident have made me sick. I am diabetic, high cholesterol, and borderline hypertension. I really feel it's life or death now. With the kids gone and sharing a car with my DH I can keep all the bad foods out of the house and that helps. It doesn't stop me from searching high and low for something bad to eat. I can't keep flour in the house or sugar. It's ridiculous! I bought white flour to kill the cabbage worms last week and left it in the barn so I wouldn't eat it. I still went out to the barn and brought enough in to make bread. It's so frustrating! I hope to learn new coping techniques and/or have somewhere to post and say "Somebody Stop Me!" lol

Replies

• stepawayfromthebiscuits
    Options
    Hi there,
    Hope that you'll find the group useful, in my experience everyone on here has been really friendly and helpful. Fingers crossed that this group will be the start of you facing your problems :smile:
  • JonathanP1962
    JonathanP1962 Posts: 111 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Hi Anna - I can relate to so many of the issues you posted. This group helped me through one of my toughest periods. There are so many inspirational people here at all stages of their journeys. welcome to the group and good luck :smile:
  • cherylp408
    cherylp408 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am new to this group. I have been recently diagnosed with BED.
    It's never easy to accept that you have a disorder. But I am hoping to find a sense of control in the midst of the constant chaos I feel toward food. Food has been both my best friend and worst enemy. It will definitely be a day to day battle.
  • vloach
    vloach Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    New here also!!

I have such a hard time stopping myself when my brain and my taste buds disconnect. It just happened. I found out about a year ago that I have BED and I've been trying to lose weight for years, only to gain whatever I lose back, and more. I never purged, just binged until it hurt... So many times.

I struggle knowing how to even eat healthy anymore, I am so used to periods of eating whatever I want and then periods of juice cleansing or fasting. I don't think I can go forward in this journey to lose all this weight until I learn what it means to eat properly. I just finished my first year of law school and am recovering from a herniated disc in my back. These most recent 20 pounds have pushed me to the most I've ever weighed and I cant handle looking in the mirror and not seeing a face I recognize.

This is my first time trying to commit to writing things down on MFP and every time it's red and I've gone over it discourages me and makes me feel ashamed, which makes me give up all the hard work and torment I put my body through. So tired of being all talk and no action. I want to lose over 50 pounds and I have for a long long time.

Sorry for ranting! I'm new to MFP and just trying to reach out to people who understand. If you do, add me as a friend! I'm super nice, just have a bad relationship with food.
  • toadqueen
    toadqueen Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I think that I used to binge to punish myself. I see it also as a control issue. I did not seek professional help except for reading a few self-help books recommended by this forum. I let my family know that I had a problem which made me feel accountable and this helped me resist sometimes. I don't think I ever found the root causes or solved any issues. I almost died in a car accident last year and have not binged since. I have not even had the urge. I hope no one here experiences that.

I know how powerful and painful it is to both deny the urge or to give in and feel guilty afterwards. I understand and I support you.
  • sothgo
    sothgo Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I realize that I've never ever eat properly since I left my parent's house (15 years ago) , I eat too much or not enough, but I never ever eat properly.
    the funny thing is that I cook every day balanced foods for my daughters and my husband, but I don't eat them, I eat another thing later , and at the dinner I rarely eat because I eat too much the rest of the day...
    good luck it's a long way but you can do it!