Just One June - June 8 Check In

Options
2»

Replies

• fancyroberts
    fancyroberts Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    hanging in there!!! I am getting through 5 days of some type of exercise! :)
  • cootason
    cootason Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I am finding keto low carb far more effective then my attempts at starch, I love experimenting with diets to find what works for me and what does not and explore new foods the keto diet I am currently on gives me far less grief then the ones I have been on in the past, though I would admit its more vegetarian since starting this keto lifestyle I have dropped bodyfat and weight again breaking a plateau. exercise has been going strong with 3 days of weight training and 2 spin class sessions.
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Yup! Doing well with my step count, hit my 3000 goal every day except one, missed it by a few (literally 3!) steps that day and didn't realize it until after midnight. My average for the month is 4700/ day, a huge jump from 3700 in May.

I'm going to increase my daily goal to 3500, it will mean comitting to a walk after each work day. Still keeping it guilt-free if I don't hit the goal due to the MG flaring, but not wanting to go out isn't an excuse!
  • Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Down 9 pounds
    Stomach not as bloated
    Digestive system not constantly cranky
    Wrists don't hurt
    Shoulders hurt much less
    Less constant ringing/itching in my ears
    More energy
    Muscles aren't aching
    Not freezing all the time (just part of the time)
    Depression/anxiety is lifting
    Cravings seem to be almost gone
    More energy
    Happier
  • ChairmanWow
    ChairmanWow Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    My weight has dropped off a cliff after bouncing around the same few pounds for all of May. Maybe it was too much protein, or maybe it was too much alcohol, or maybe it was too much artificial sweeteners. The only thing I've been really consistent with for Just One June is having no artificial sweeteners. I feel a ton better for stopping them, although the temptation is still really strong. I've found club soda with a splash of lime seems to work well as a replacement for diet coke.
  • annalisbeth74
    annalisbeth74 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Wow! Everyone's doing do well!

My Just One was to add kettlebell workouts 3x a week. I started off well, got 2 workouts in last week, then soreness & laziness made me skip a few. Back on track as of yesterday, and no soreness today. Hopefully I'm over that hurdle and can stick to the plan the test of the month. This has made me much more aware just how little muscular strength I have from years of ignoring my health.

Here's to a great rest of the month!
  • tlmeyn
    tlmeyn Posts: 369 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I missed this check-in, but I have had a few days where I didn't quite meet my 5000 step goal. one was 4235, but I was in too much pain ... but I did do other exercise on the 4 days I didn't make the step goal, and I have had 2 days over 9000 and one day over 11,000, so not too bad. I finally got a proper scale. I know it will tell me I weight more than I do when I start using it tomorrow. My scale is crap, but I will just have to live with that. Sigh. It doesn't change the amount of weight I have lost though :)

For some reason I can't get into this post on my phone or pad, only on my PC...
  • jasonb71409
    jasonb71409 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been good about no scales but I've had alittle dairy here and there not a ton like I used to eat. Hopefully I'll be surprised at the end of the month. Stay strong brothers God bless
  • GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    2 weeks, no scale! :)
  • aspiedude
    aspiedude Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Well, if my one thing was forgetting this event and not even bothering to try to stay in ketosis, then I'm rocking it! Can today be a fresh start? My one thing is no diet "aides".
  • KetoGirl83
    KetoGirl83 Posts: 546 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    aspiedude wrote: »
    Well, if my one thing was forgetting this event and not even bothering to try to stay in ketosis, then I'm rocking it! Can today be a fresh start? My one thing is no diet "aides".

Everyday is a fresh start. Lame, I know, but still true. You'll rock the next month, starting today. :smile:
  • cdpits
    cdpits Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I have been doing awesome with keeping my water drinking levels up. It probably helps that it's been beautiful and sunny so my exercise has been doing yard work outside (my yard is 5 acres on a mountain) so always something physical to do !! I <3 summer :)
  • AmZam05
    AmZam05 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm also doing the no scale thing. The first couple days were a little agonizing seeing the scale in the corner of my eye and trying to prevent myself from stepping on it (I can't hide it because my fiancee uses it frequently) but after about a week I started to not care. Of course I'm curious because for all I know I could be gaining a crap ton of weight. But I feel really good so I think I'm okay lol. We'll see in July.
  • Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    aspiedude wrote: »

EVERY day is a fresh start. Every MEAL is a fresh start. Heck, every time you stick something in your mouth, it's a fresh start!
This discussion has been closed.