Back from vacation and kinda glad

Options
farmers_daughter
farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
I'm sad that I have to park my butt back at my cubicle. Don't get me wrong...but on vacation I didn't plan our meals out very well, or well it could have just been the fact that we were in a big city and it freaked me out, I wanted to get from point A to B like yesterday :wink: (Don't judge I'm a 35mph town girl)
Over vacation I ended up consuming the empire state building in carb loaded, bready, bready crap. And let's just say my gastroentestinal system let me know. Holy cow.

And you would think water was going out of style because it was hard to find, the vending machine at the motel didn't even have any! And their tap water tasted like metal. Oy.

Anyways...I'm back and water tastes like gold to me. I haven't had a pop since. Been drinking my hot tea with cream in the morning (finally found the right combo) and packed really good lunches. Yay for back on track! Just a bit surprising how even tho I haven't dropped a pound with all of this WOE, it sure makes me feel better.

Replies

• FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    My biggest regret about my wedding/honeymoon was agreeing to not stay on my normal way of eating while out there. It was a valuable lesson about how much better I feel (overall and not just physically) with this way of eating. I just think I would have enjoyed myself more and had a better time, if I hadn't felt as crummy.

It's harder for me, than most, to find appropriate food that I will eat in tourist-trap areas. But, it can be done. I've become very good at staying on plan at places like Disney and theme parks.