6/10/15, Day 3

Options
KarenZen
KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
Hi gang,

Woohoo, today is going to be sunny and warm! That means lake time after I take care of the business of the day. Day 3 of water and no drive thru. The hardest part is morning--I've gotten into the terrible habit of getting breakfast on the go, and even though I usually make good choices (like skim milk and stevia in my latte), there are too many unhealthy temptations that I sometimes give in to. After this ten days of abstinence, I'm going to create a plan of moderation so I can occasionally have a bagel or an almond croissant and still keep losing. That's totally head hunger talking... I have a dozen fresh eggs and broccoli and cheese in the fridge and a stovetop espresso maker, so why do I need a drive thru?

Instead of obsessing about food, I should make a list of all my neglected chores and business and get to work.

Sunday was my six month anniversary of getting sleeve surgery, and as of this morning, my weight is 394, 100 pounds lighter than my highest weight just before surgery. I still can't believe it. I really don't see it, although everyone else does. I've had to get rid of some baggy clothes and dig out the smaller sizes in my closet. It's weird. I know I should set another goal--like weighing under 300 by December--but I seem to do better if I just focus on making good choices and forget about the number. I can't imagine weighing in the 200's again. I was 250 when I graduated from high school! And my skinniest adult weight ever was 190. So I'll never be a petite flower, but boy will it feel good to not lug around another whole person.

I'm just babbling here and should really rise and make coffee and start the day. What are you all doing today? And what are your healthy eating and exercise goals for the day?

K.

Replies

• KarenZen
    Options
  • ronercat
    ronercat Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Karen, good luck on day three! I am doing quite well over here. Yesterday was the day of my niece's surgery. It went incredibly well and she is alert and getting all the nurses to love her in recovery. She should be able to go back home by the end of the week. After visiting up there for a few hours last night, I headed out and played some basketball which was swell (even if it was a terrible shooting night for me). I think I was more stressed about my niece than I thought because my food cravings have gone down since she entered the recovery ward. Hopefully that means that they stay reduced haha.

This evening will be quite busy so I am hoping to get in a few mile walk during lunch time. Fingers crossed.
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I did well with my goals. Did a 40 min walk on the treadmill and got the speed up to 4 kmp for 15 mins straight...whew. Sweating too! I have had my last bite to eat ...and it is almost 6:30pm here and I will hit the sack early to stop me from eating!! My meals for the day have not been great...but I needed to reboot and start somewhere so my two goals should get me going in the right direction!

Karen..get up and get moving!! this is tough love going out to you! Stop procrastinating and get out for that wonderful swim that you love so much!!!!! YOU CAN DO IT!! :-)

Zac...glad to hear you niece is doing well and you are out moving too!

Have a great day all...and Karen...get into that swimming suit!! lol
  • KarenZen
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Haha! I'm halfway there--bathing suit top is on. Just need to switch out my pants for the bottom! You KNOW I'm in trouble when I'm in so much pain I can't get in the lake... Never, EVER, have I experienced anything like this--last week I actually vomited from pain; today I actually started to pass out. It's always the same thing--move the wrong way, femoral and sciatic nerves all seem to get squished, and yikes!!! But... Good news is that my doctor today got me pre-authorized and scheduled for an MRI on FRIDAY. YAY! Finally some answers, I hope!!! And yes, Nancy, I am getting in that lake very soon. Just icing now to quiet those nerve clusters.

Zac, what did your niece need surgery for??? So glad to hear that she's okay! And, yes, I fully understand that compulsion to stress eat. It's still my "comfort" too--such a difficult habit to break. I hope you're able to walk during lunch! Time for us to pick up the pace here--let's make this the summer of slimming! And how was your sister's visit? Did she give you any nutrition pointers?

Nancy, your treadmill workouts are inspiring! I love the idea of watching your series (haven't seen Grimm, but I'd like to) while you walk. Must make the time go so much faster. I always hated the counting the minutes part of treadmills but could totally get into watching shows that I've missed. And, again, so many kudos for no food after 6:30. You are one strong lady!

Keep up the good work! We are awesome!
    K.
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Yeehaw... Took my water weights into the lake and did 30 minutes of aquasize!
  • catladyksa
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Congrats Karen!! YOU DID IT!! I knew you could!!! Did it help relieve the pressure any? Bet you froze your 'tush' off and did not need any 'icing' for a while after your dip in the lake!! Awesome job!!!

I start my day 4 today AND it was ONLY 98 F at 0430 am........Have a great night all!!!
  • KarenZen
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Nancy, it felt great! Really stiff and painful at first, but I paddled into deep water and let my legs dangle, then I used my water weights and did crunches, jogging, cross country skiing, etc. It seems so counterintuitive to move when every movement causes that crippling nerve pain, but I kept going until it hurt less and less. You're right--it was just what I needed. Can't wait to get back in today.

Skippy McGrape came over in his kayak and kept me company while I exercised. He's such a sweet boy!
    K.
  • ronercat
    ronercat Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    My niece needed to have a piece of membrane removed from her heart. It hadn't caused her any issues up to this point, but they were afraid that it would start to damage the valve. She really is recovering quite quickly and will hopefully be able to go home today.

Great job on getting the swimming and treadmilling (this is now a verb) in!
  • catladyksa
    Options
    ronercat wrote: »
    My niece needed to have a piece of membrane removed from her heart. It hadn't caused her any issues up to this point, but they were afraid that it would start to damage the valve. She really is recovering quite quickly and will hopefully be able to go home today.

Great job on getting the swimming and treadmilling (this is now a verb) in!

Wishing your niece a quick recovery!! And I love the new 'verb'!!! Shall have to use it!
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Yes, good news on your niece! I'm sure that was a worry for you all.