I got spam, cheddar cheese, cream cheese, and spices. Help me make a casserole of some sort!

Options
ladymiseryali
ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
I need to do something with this stuff, but have zero ideas.

Replies

• bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Do you have eggs? You could do like a frittata?
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    bluefish86 wrote: »
    Do you have eggs? You could do like a frittata?

I have many eggs!

• bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Sounds like it's spammy, cheesy egg-bake for dinner. ;)
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,952 Member
    Options
    bluefish86 wrote: »
    Sounds like it's spammy, cheesy egg-bake for dinner. ;)

Great idea!
  • AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Could you slice the spam into thick slices, smear some cream cheese on top, top with shredded cheese and broil? Might be good!
  • Metruis
    Metruis Posts: 60 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Oh, oh, this is my specialty. Is there food in the fridge? I can do something with ANYTHING.

I would do this with the eggs and cream cheese... http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/easiest-souffle-ever-132493.aspx You do not need to use the spread cream cheese, you may just have to thin your block a bit, and add spices appropriate to your tastes. Depending on if you want it savoury or more of a dessert souffle, you could sprinkle in cocoa powder, or top with cheese and broil at the end.

And then slice the spam into spam steaks, sear with olive oil, assorted spices of choice and soy sauce. Use cheese to make cheese crisps in the oven (basically you just grate and bake until crunchy and awesome), sprinkle over spam steaks. If a splash of sugar is acceptable, I would blend olive oil, sugar, soy sauce, hot sauce and garlic spices to make the marinade for the spam. I would serve this with a spicy salsa, or if that's not okay in the diet, use butter and herbs to make a nice buttery garlic spread to drizzle over the spam. Sprig of parsley or cilantro? Fresh oregano? Why not! You can't go wrong with a nice spice garnish.

Serve with a tall glass of iced unsweetened tea with a splash of cream.