Hi! I'm new to this group (but not to LCHF)...

Options
Thaeda
Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
edited June 2015 in Social Groups
Howdy! I did not see a place to introduce myself, so I figured I woul just post here. :) After 2 decades of going up and down the scale (gaining/losing about 600-700 pounds total if you add it all up-- you know the drill-- gain 30, lose 10, gain 20, lose 5, gain 50...etc.) I had bariatric surgery in Jan 2014. Since then I have lost 132 pounds. I am about done losing. I am not real happy with the post-surgery "plan" that I was given- low cal, low fat, mod. protein, high carb-- because I am always fighting cravings. My hubby did not have surgery but he has lost 150 pounds in the same time frame by eating low carb. I have done low carb before, so I know how well it works and I LOVE how I feel when I eat that way (no brain fog, no mood swings, fewer migraines, etc). So... I am choosing LCHF as my "get the last 5-10 pounds off and learn to live like this for life" plan. :) My biggest concern is regain. I have a long and sordid history of losing weight only to gain it back plus more. NOT THIS TIME!!!

My macros-- 50 g carb, 100 g protein, 151g fat per day is what I figured on for now. Will see how that goes.

I love to exercise! I walk, do hot yoga three times per week (Bikram) and I also lift weights a few times per week and throw in the occasional spinning class or step aerobics class. I used to run, but developed arthritis in my hip and my dr. has suggested I hang up my running shoes. A little bit sad about that, but I will deal.

I am 45, have 3 kids, and I am a PhD student (counseling psych). I was working in child welfare, but have not been working since March-- really focused on finishing my dissertation right now.

Anyway, looking forward to hanging out here. I have been perusing some of the threads and it seems like this is a very supportive and nice place to be. :)

Replies