plateau?

Options
kendallvon
kendallvon Posts: 144 Member
I have been keto-ing lchf for 1.5 years. However, I've been "stuck" at 200+/- 5 lbs for about 3-4 months now. Have done 2(!) fat fasts. Count calories and macros and exercise 6-7 days/ week 30-90 min/day. I have MS, so I'm only able to do so much exercise-wise. Any ideas for me? I average 15-20 TOTAL carbs/day.
Thanks,
Von

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Is it possible that your metabolism has slowed some due to restricted calories? Or lose a good portion of your body weight? Losing 10% will make your body want to pause and take stock... I would also recommend getting a full metabolic blood panel done to rule out any outlying issues.

The two main things I would consider doing are:

Continuing to maintain for up to six months total (allows your body to reset all it's maximums to your new numbers)...
    Upping your calories temporarily to boost your metabolism.

I've noticed that a lot of folks tend to restrict fairly heavily on calories, and then they lose quickly, but they stall out their metabolism, and then it stalls completely, to wait with the burn and intake to level out before turning on the fat burning again.

If neither of those things work, I would considered looking into a water fast or an intermittent fast, if that is something you can do. I typically find moderate to heavy exercise counter-intuitive to my weight loss process.
  • laurajr123
    laurajr123 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I would recommend intermittent fasting
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Recalc your TDEE, set to sedentary. Test 2-3 weeks. If very hungry or weak, up calories carefully, while still losing. If still no loss, try IF.