Hi, new mom over here!

Options
Hello, Allison in Houston TX over here! I'm planning to use a mostly paleo diet and strength training to get down out of the overweight range. 174.6 lbs today and aiming for 130 at 5 foot 4. I'm breast feeding my son, so I'm supposed to eat some dairy and grains and get 1500-1800 calories (set my target at 1600) a day. I wish this app had a nursing mums setting!

I'm smaller than my pre preggo weight as my son took all my calories! I was 181 when I had gotten pregnant and around 185 I think when I had first gotten this app ages ago! I only reached 195 while pregnant and had a healthy 7.5 pounds baby boy named Ethan who is now 6 weeks old. My doctor has cleared me to start an exercise regimen!

Trying to decide how I want to start. I just did squats and push ups (35 squats 20 push ups) and am trying to figure out what to do next. Don't say burpees, I friggen hate those! Working on building muscle. My apartment has weight machines, I'm going to go see what kind but I have to figure out what to do with my boy while I use those.

My at home equipment includes a pink UGI ball (8lbs), a stretchy band, a yoga mat, and a calf stretcher for running. A little random.

Replies

• leleti01
    leleti01 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! I too I am breastfeeding my 20 month old and weigh 186lbs and are 5 foot 4. I lift weights in the gym. I have been using you tube as my guide. I would like to be friends and encourage one another. I have opened up my diary so you can see how I am doing. The only thing I don't do is log my individual strength training sessions. It's too ocd for me and besides I am chasing my toddler around... See you around!
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Work on exercises that strengthen the transevers ab muscles (the ones that let you "suck in" your belly) and avoid deadlifts and any exercise that targets the "six pack" (rectis abdominis) for a good 6 months to allow your tummy to heal.