Surgery 6-15-15

Options
2»

Replies

• Starrlynn92
    Starrlynn92 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I had my Lapband surgery on Thursday, 6/11/15. I must say recovery is tougher than I thought it would be. But here I am day three after surgery and feeling much better. Still have a ways to go, but, I am glad I did it! Good luck on yours tomorrow!!
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Feeling overwhelmed by all of your well wishes and encouragement. It's just what I needed tonight. Thank you all. I'm ready to change my life forever and start on my healthy future. I took my measurements tonight and will get a few photos tomorrow morning. I'll keep you all posted on how things go.
  • cabennett99
    cabennett99 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Thinking of you! Looking back to my first days post op, all I can say is it gets better every day and having surgery is one of the best decisions of my life - no regrets at all! Don't hesitate to call your surgical team or post here if you have any concerns - I called my nurse twice the first week and all I needed was reassurance.
  • RENAEJAE
    Options
    Surgery went well on Monday. I spent a couple of days thinking 'what the hell was I thinking.' But today I feel a bit better and can see the light at the end of the tunnel. My hospital stay was tough. The best thing I did was to pack ear plugs! It was very loud there. Nothing to drink until the next day was brutal but I had my daughter wet a washcloth to suck on a bit. Now that it's behind me I'm starting to think about a better future so that will get me through the first few weeks. I need some advice on how to get in 400-600 calories! I have an unflavored protein that Vi can add to soup and yogurt.
  • sinderstorm
    sinderstorm Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear you're home. In these early days worry less about calories and more about protein. Unflavored in soups is good, use a thermometer to make sure you don't go over the recommended temp as it will change the protein powder's texture. I used unflavored in cream of chicken or cream of potato soups and used skim milk to make them as well to give it a bit more of a protein boost. Be kind to yourself, for me the first 3 weeks were the hardest and it has gotten better since!
  • rnin02
    rnin02 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Unjury makes a chicken soup flavored protein that I think tastes pretty good. At least when its warm. I took a sip after it had gotten cold and yuck! But warm its nice.
  • RENAEJAE
    Options
    Thank you both for the advice. I am adding the injury to cream soups. I love my soup really hot so that is a challenge but I'm just working at increasing my protein each day.
  • RENAEJAE
    Options
    rnin02 wrote: »
    Unjury makes a chicken soup flavored protein that I think tastes pretty good. At least when its warm. I took a sip after it had gotten cold and yuck! But warm its nice.

It's tough to get enough in while it's still warm but I'm plugging away at it. Tried sugar free pudding last night and it tasted so sweet I couldn't do it. I was hoping to add unflavored protein to it but that's a no go. Thinning Greek yogurt with skim milk is good though.
  • dzoerner
    dzoerner Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I warmed skim milk in the microwave and added Chicken Soup flavor Unjury to it. Not just like a cream soup, bit I liked it.
  • RENAEJAE
    Options
    Good suggestion. I'll try that.