Taste buds changing. What is something you no longer like?

Options
AngInCanada
AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
In my other life I LOVED coffee. A cup with half and half cream and 2 tsp of sugar. Mmmmm. I'd drink 3 or 4 cups a day.

When I started this WOE 37 days ago I started using heavy cream with stevia. It was OK. I was just thankful I could keep my decaf.

Three days ago I woke up and said blah coffee. Just the thought of coffee made me queezy. I haven't had one since. It's strange.

Replies

• DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    I'm not enjoying coffee as much anymore either, which is weird because I'd been drinking an 8-cup pot of coffee BEFORE work plus another cup or more at the office every day. Now I'm lucky if I drink a 4-cup pot each morning before it starts tasting gross to me.
  • GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Love my coffee with all the goodies in it :)
    Had a beer and it didn't taste good at all. Go figure
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Some wines taste way too sweet to me now, and the usual things like candy or desserts with real sugar that make my jaw clench shut as soon as I taste them. I bought a protein bar once that said it was lc, but something wasn't marked right on it, because my teeth ached for hours after I ate it (the lesson there is don't buy protein bars you've never heard of from gas station convenience stores).
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Dry soda (a low- sugar all natural brand) is too sweet to bear!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I ate a couple of blueberries off of the Bush in the backyard. Way too sweet now!
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Everything still tastes awesome to me, but then I have food addictions.
  • smuller73
    smuller73 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Ordinary chocolate tastes way to sweet for me now when I have tried the odd piece from my children. It's 70% cocoa or above for me or nothing at all. Also I can no longer put sweetener of any kind in my coffee or tea they all taste sickly sweet to me now. My alcoholic drink of choice used to be Jack Daniels and Coke but now I can't even do sugar free coke, I moved over to adding soda water and a slice or 2 of lemon to "sweeten" it a little. I never really had much of a sweet tooth, but it helps not really enjoying sweeter things now as I'm not tempted to eat things I really shouldn't.
  • SlimBride2Be
    SlimBride2Be Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Very sweet white wine/prosecco and white chocolate
  • AreteAndWhimsy
    AreteAndWhimsy Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Sweet sauces for savory dishes. Things like sriracha or Worcestershire sauce are okay because I use them in fairly small amounts or in recipes, but things like ketchup and regular barbecue sauce? I just can't even go there.
  • SlimBride2Be
    Options
    Supermarket cakes that my colleagues buy for birthdays are something I have no interest in now. They taste like chemicals.
  • GrannyMayOz
    GrannyMayOz Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Cakes, icing (frosting), biscuits (cookies), bread, jam (jelly), cows milk - all the things I was *totally* addicted to are all completely disgusting now. All of the flour products taste like cardboard to me, and the sweet things are just totally unpalatable in ways I can't describe. The thought of cows milk makes my throat want to shut. Yet I got some fudge for Mothers Day and am still enjoying that, 10 grams at a time instead of the whole 250 gram packet in 1 or 2 days. Though truthfully I can't wait for it all to be gone.
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Cider.
  • SlimBride2Be
    Options
    Actually alcohol of all varieties. I'm just not as into it as I used to be.
  • KetoGirl83
    KetoGirl83 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Mangoes were my favourite fruit, I could easily have a "snack" eating 3 or 4. Some time ago I had a sliver of mango and it tasted way too sweet, didn't reach for another one ever since.
  • LemonMarmalade
    LemonMarmalade Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Yes...me too. :) I don't crave very often but I dont tempt myselfn
    minties82 wrote: »
    Everything still tastes awesome to me, but then I have food addictions.

• professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    My brain functions differently

I learned to see my body as a chemistry set a year and a half ago

Tastes didn't change. The emotions associated with them changed

Pizza used to be a reward! Now it is a pothole on the road unless I make my own healthy pizza!

Food is more of a thing now.

Is that weird? It just isn't my life anymore.

I never knew how much food was my God.

I ate when sad or happy or if someone else was!

• Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Restaurant Cole slaw, which typically has sugar in it, tastes sweet now. Like, really sweet.

I haven't really found things that taste "bad", though the really sweet stuff needs only a bite or two to satisfy any desire I had for it.

I have found that I no longer need to sweeten the things I used to. I drink unsweetened iced tea, now, and when my favorite restaurant has strawberry tea (it's seasonal, because it's strawberry puree in the tea), having it as unsweetened iced tea is plenty sweet enough.
  • pedidiva
    pedidiva Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Professional:

I loved this--Tastes didn't change. The emotions associated with them changed.

That has been true for me, too.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    My brain functions differently

I learned to see my body as a chemistry set a year and a half ago

Tastes didn't change. The emotions associated with them changed

Pizza used to be a reward! Now it is a pothole on the road unless I make my own healthy pizza!

Food is more of a thing now.

Is that weird? It just isn't my life anymore.

I never knew how much food was my God.

I ate when sad or happy or if someone else was!

Thanks for writing this nice post that works for me too!

• Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Three days ago I woke up and said blah coffee. Just the thought of coffee made me queezy. I haven't had one since. It's strange.

If this happens to me I will cry. :'( I LOVE coffee!! <3