6/12/15, day 5

Options
KarenZen
KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
Day 5 already? Wow!
I have to say, this has been a really tough challenge for me. I do drink water--never soda--but didn't realize how short I was falling in the amount. And drive thru food--aaarrgghhh! Right now with my back so wanky, the last thing I want to do is go to the supermarket or cook. Food that someone else makes and that someone hands to you when you are sitting in your car, nicely packed with ice packs--perfect! Well except for the fat and calories part, LOL.

This afternoon we are entertaining some guests from out of state, so Jim will come home from work early, and I've borrowed the neighbor's pontoon boat to take them for a spin. I need to make some snacks--maybe deviled eggs? Trying to come up with some high protein ideas that will appeal to adults and a nine-year-old and keep me on track. I'm pretty sore from last night's MRI, otherwise I'd just go pick up grapes and cheese.

OMG, this post is so boring!!!

Chime in when you can, gang.

K.

Replies

• catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Well, I haven't done my treadmill yet....it is almost 3pm here. I ended up leaving at 7 am to look at a new supermarket that was rather disappointing. Went to the one I like better and got my stuff for the week. I need to get off my duff and exercise to make my challenge for the day. So Karen, in honor of you getting in the lake and having a fun water ballon fest with the kids....I will get on the treadmill!!
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Treadmill away, Nancy! You can do it!

Here's the big questions: what do you think will be the outcome of the 10 days? (I'm hoping for a 3 pound loss and hoping to make the water and drive thru new good habits.) And what's your reward? (I think I'm going to get a swanky facial at the new spa up the road.)

Zac, how are you doing this morning? Hope you SI joint is behaving enough for you to do your tennis and basketball. HEY--why aren't we thin??? Look at us working out and playing sports like crazy! We should NOT be fat!!!

Nancy, I really laughed at your Facebook post this morning. Cats are so funny and unpredictable! Our Shasta likes Jim to put one of his leather belts on the bed in a circle, and that's where she sleeps when he's at work. If he doesn't put out the belt, she gets all pissy and squacks and yowls!
    K.
  • KarenZen
    Options
  • ronercat
    ronercat Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I am doing quite well. i found a video online that showed me how I could try and gently get it back into place. It is pretty awkward to watch, but I have to say the grabbing the cheek just to the side of the tail bone, pushing up, and walking did seem to help haha.

I am excited for this weekend. It is the Scottish Festival. I am not Scottish, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy it. They are even hosting an official Strong Man competition and also an official event for the Highland games. I am really looking forward to that. Maybe one day I will work towards becoming a strongman...

p.s. that cat is adorable
    p.p.s most cats are
    p.p.p.s Good luck on the treadmill and out on the high seas (of the lake)