Great educational youtube vids on Lowcarb

Options
pedidiva
pedidiva Posts: 199 Member
Hi

There are so many good videos on low carb on youtube.

I suggest:
1) Dr. Sarah Hallberg (TED talk) she is an internist in IN who specializes in obesity and has had great success in using Low carb for her patients with DM
2)Dr. Tim Noakes--world renown expert in low carb. He is amazing
3)Dr. Eric Westman--he runs the obesity clinic at DUKe and is expert in low car
4)Dr. Caryn Zinn--nutritionist in New Zealand

All of the above are expert in their fields, have kept up with the latest research. I have learned so much from them. I am not afraid of fat.

Good luck on your wellness journies!

Pedi

PS. If anyone else has found some good resources, please share.

Thanks

Replies

• Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for these. I will be checking them out this weekend!
  • pedidiva
    Options
    Thaeda, welcs. I like to learn new things. Isn't technology amazing!
  • Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    pedidiva wrote: »
    Thaeda, welcs. I like to learn new things. Isn't technology amazing!

It is!! :)
  • 35in90
    35in90 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting! I am familiar with the first three but not Dr Zinn. I have found that diet doctor.com has some good info and embedded vids. Part of the site is available only to subscribers, but a lot of ot is free. Some of the videos by these experts can be found on the Launchpad---check it out!
  • pedidiva
    Options
    Thanks 35!
  • pedidiva
    Options
    ooo, 35, wonderful accent at the dietdoctor site. Thanks
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I've been watching the Healthful Pursuit on youtube. She's a nutritionist who used to be HCLF vegan and made the switch to LCHF this year (loving it, of course :) ). She is interesting to listen to and seems to know her stuff relating to diet effect on hormones
  • Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    TiaBia9 wrote: »
    I've been watching the Healthful Pursuit on youtube. She's a nutritionist who used to be HCLF vegan and made the switch to LCHF this year (loving it, of course :) ). She is interesting to listen to and seems to know her stuff relating to diet effect on hormones

If anybody in here is trying to make a go of keto as a vegetarian, go watch this lady. She has at least one video specifically on that, complete with product recommendations.
  • pedidiva
    Options
    Thanks Tia and Twibbly. I will check her out.
    Pedi
  • ihatetodietalways
    ihatetodietalways Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I have heard them all and can't get enough validation for this way of eating.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options

I discovered her this week, and I've found some of her stuff doesn't apply to me, but a lot of it is making me think hard on choices... I have the opposite of some of her issues and have yet to determine how to apply this info.
  • ihatetodietalways
    Options

I watched her videos and then I read a blog concerning insect powder for flour substitute. Turned me off pretty quickly.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I'll review these today and tomorrow to see if they should be linked on the Launch Pad. :smile:
    I know we have the TED one already (I put it on there) but will search for videos from these folks to possibly link.
  • pedidiva
    Options
    Thanks, Baconslave
  • pedidiva
    Options
    Oh yeah, insect eating. That is a new trend for sustainable protein. Bet some are crunchy, others not so much ;)
  • ihatetodietalways
    Options
    pedidiva wrote: »
    Oh yeah, insect eating. That is a new trend for sustainable protein. Bet some are crunchy, others not so much ;)

I will never accept this. As long as I live in a civilized country, I am not eating insects.
  • 35in90
    35in90 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    natural appetite suppressant ;)