Binge causes

Options
Ok so I have been binge free for upward of three months, but I still have the urge to binge almost every day. I was reading about BED and found several articles that mentioned keeping track of what makes you want to binge (ie. Emotions, situations etc.) so that's what I'm going to do here. Also, I thought it might be a helpful resource for others. I will post here every time I feel the urge to binge with this general setup:
Date
Time
Place
Emotional state
Why I think I feel the urge to binge
What I'm going to do instead

Anyone who would like to join me in doing this is welcome to.
~trigger warning~
If you think you might be triggered to binge by the mention of certain emotional situations or certain types of food you may not want to read these. I will, however, try not to mention specific food unless it is directly relevant.

Replies

• theonewiththedream
    theonewiththedream Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    9:00

Home

A little depressed because I saw the number on the scale go up this morning. I'm also just under the weather today.

I did eat over matenance yesterday and gained some weight although I didn't binge. I think that at some level I viewed this as a failure and feel I should give in to the binge as a punishment for myself.

I'm going to go for a walk with my dog. This will get me out of the house and active and hopefully take my mind off the binge.