Come In!

Options
tincanonastring
tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
If you love the pizza come in
If you love the sauce and the cheese and the crust
The garlic and ALL of the toppings and stuff,
If you fold it in half or perhaps cut it up,
Please join us as we stand and stare at the oven.
Come in!
Come in!

An introduction thread. My name is TinCan and I love pizza. My favorite pizza join is Balsamo's Pizza in Clementon, NJ. You can drink craft beer, watch any sport you want, and eat pizza. It's *kitten* heaven.

Replies

• raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I'm Raelynn'sMama (or Stephanie) and I *kitten* love pizza! I'm not very picky on where, but I will say our House of Pizza here in Laurens, SC has some amazing pizza!
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Craft beer + good pizza = heaven.

Oh, my name is Alyssa, and pizza is my favorite.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    In!!!!

And Cassano's in SW Ohio. Just saying.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    in....

Tuscan Oven is the best local join here in town ...it is brick oven style pizza, really freaking good...!

sadly in the south we do not have as many great pizza places as up north :(
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    In!

Like I said in the other thread, in St. Louis they have a very unique style. It is on an extremely thin, crispy crust, cut into squares, and uses a very unusual cheese called Provel which is sort of like a mix between mozzerella, provolone, and velveeta because of the way it melts.

St-Louis-Style-Pizza-Recipe.jpg

It's definitely not for everyone, and not even my first choice when dining out... but it works in a pinch and the super thin crust actually helps keep the calories down....
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    My name is Matty and I have a thing for pizza. I stand by the motto that pizza is like sex.....even when its bad its still good.
    Brooklyns own L&B Spumoni Gardens.
    http://www.yelp.com/biz/l-and-b-spumoni-gardens-brooklyn
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Hi can man! <waves>

I want that pizza that was posted yesterday where the crust was made of hotdogs in wraps. <faints>
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    There really aren't a lot of good places to get pizza in my area of Alabama. There is a place in downtown B'ham called Slice that has gourmet pizza, but I've never been. It's on my list of places to try if I can ever get out on a date with my hubby.

If you want some good Chicago-style deep dish pizza, there is a place called Tortuga's that has wonderful pizza. Makes you really feel like you're in Chicago eating a good pizza.
  • mattyc772014
    Options
    @kruggeri did you say velveeta cheese? We say disgraziade in italian. JK Love your pizza! :)
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    I'm a Popple, and my favorite pizza is i Fratelli in the DFW area. They have a great crust and their sausage and green olive pizza is amazing.

Of course I live in Nevada now, and there are no pizza places that I really like here.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    @kruggeri did you say velveeta cheese? We say disgraziade in italian. JK Love your pizza! :)

Oh believe me, I'm not defending it - it's an acquired taste. And it isn't actually velveeta, that's just the only thing I've ever been able to compare it to. Here's what the cheese looks like, it comes in these ropes. When you put it on the pizza it melts super gooey.

130423104835-provel-story-top.jpg
  • mattyc772014
    Options
    That looks good! ^
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    I love pizza, but I don't have it very often anymore because I live in New England and pizza here is gross and so not worth the calories. My favorite pizza is Buddy's (a chain in Michigan)--when we travel back to visit family we always eat at all of the restaurants we miss!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    IN!
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Can I just say all of you are amazing for joining up so quick :D
  • jmule24
    jmule24 Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    IN!

Local place called Mama Mia's they make some pretty damn good Za....NY Style too.
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    You had me at pizza!
    liz-lemon-pizza.gif
  • mattyc772014
    Options
    Anyone try the double decker? Its so much easier. :)
    u6eg3vvgof9k.gif
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »
    Can I just say all of you are amazing for joining up so quick :D

It's pizza .. the perfect food. You have carbs, protein, fat, fiber, calcium, veggies, fruit... How can you go wrong?