My raspberry-blowing inner voice is going down!!

lianejg
lianejg Posts: 4 Member
Hey there, I am not 40 yet, but I will be this year and I would like to start off a little lighter than i did my 30's.

I have been trying to lose this weight for 18 years. I did it once, but let the pounds sneak back on board. I just find it so hard to get started, then once I have started I find it so hard to continue past that first week. I want to lose the weight, but I don't want to eat differently. I know I have to, and I keep telling myself that but my inner voice just replies by blowing a raspberry in my general direction, and then eating another cookie.

*sigh*

So, I have to lose the weight for medical reasons now, and that really makes me dig in. Logically it should be motivating, but alas, I am an emotional eater and I just need a little bit of comfort from my deliciously evil weight-gaining friend.

I know what to do, I just need to do it. Key word being 'I'. I am the only one that can do it, however it does make it easier having a bit of support, and considering the support I received today consisted of a beautiful smelling pepperoni pizza waved under my nose, I think it would be wise to look elsewhere for it.

Which brings me back to my previous comment... Hey there!

Congratulations, you are my support! I am sure we will have a marvellous weight busting time together!

Replies

• MarchKrolik
    MarchKrolik Posts: 12 Member
    You can do it! I know you can.
  • kristinareisinger
    kristinareisinger Posts: 37 Member
    Wow. Thanks for being so genuine and honest. I sometimes turn to food for comfort. Like if I'm having a bad day at work, for some reason I then assume I "deserve" a _____________ (fill in the blank with anything totally inappropriate). It's so hard to switch those default habits without creating new just as bad ones like overspending, or over-exercising, or over-controlling.
    Hang in there!
  • allergictodiets
    allergictodiets Posts: 233 Member
    Hi, you can do it. Please feel free to add me as a friend.
  • allergictodiets
    allergictodiets Posts: 233 Member
    Hi, you can do it. Please feel free to add me as a friend.
  • keatome
    keatome Posts: 9 Member
    I can completely relate to the emotional eating side of thing. I'm your typical emotional eater - eat crap, get depressed, eat more crap, get mad at myself for eating said garbage, eat more to feel better. Rinse and repeat.

Like you I am losing weight for medical reasons which is making things easier right now for me. But, I know once I am out from this crisis and have lost a little of weight I will be in jeopardy of going back to my old ways.

So, let's support each other!