6/13/15 Day 6

Options
catladyksa
catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
Wow....We are starting Day 6!!! Not many days left! lol

So I thought I would start this off, as it is my morning and you guys a re sleeping!!

I made it through the night last night, not eating after 6:30pm. It is soooo easy for me to continue to 'graze' during the evening and night, I am hoping that this challenge will keep me motivated to continue this. I know it takes 21 days to make a new habit, so I may have to continue for 11 more days past this challenge!

Hope you get to the lake for a swim (or balloon fight) Karen, and hope your niece is doing well Zac and that you continue to work on your back issues. Did you get the video you are following on Youtube?? I could use it!! But my lower back pain is due to the huge bum I am carrying around.

Catch up with you all later!

Replies

• KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Good morning, almost afternoon!
    I slept in today, yay! Jim went off to a shooting range with our neighbor Bob where he's going to shoot his grandfather's old gun that Jim restored. He's pretty excited. Jim's dad is a nonentity (narcissistic jerk!), and Bob has become sort of a substitute dad for Jim. We're so lucky to have such good neighbors.

I took a look at my MRI images yesterday, and my lumbar discs are a mess! L3 is completely flat with osteophytes all over the edges, L4 is herniated and compressing my spine, and L5 is ruptured and really, really compressing my spine. So last night I googled a bunch of stuff on how to self-help your ruptured discs, and now it's time to try to fix this mess. Losing more weight will obviously help, doing core strengthening exercises, and ayurvedic herbs and spices maybe? Accupuncture? Definitely physical therapy. And lots of lake time, of course. No surgeon is going to want to do anything, I'm sure, because of my weight and still's disease.

Nancy, I'm so proud of how well you've done on this challenge! You picked two very tough goals. I have been kind of half-assed measuring my water the last two days, but I think I still got it in. Today I'l be more vigilant. I think my next challenge will be to use the Food tracker again. I never record any more, and I should. I'm doing okay now because I still have so much to lose, but I'm sure as my weight gets lower, I'll need to have lots if good habits in place to keep losing. I imagine Nancy that you're looking forward to being back in Arizona where you can walk outside more without sandstorms or the morality police telling you to cover up!

I think later today I'll message our group members and try to rally the troops. It's good to have a bunch of people posting. I miss the camaraderie!

K.
  • KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your MRI results....but you sound like you are going to take control of what you can do for yourself and that is great! Well Karen, I may be meeting my two goals for the challenge, but i sure am not eating correctly. I am with you. I think I may have to start the food tracker again because i am way over the calories i should be eating. Hope you make it out to the lake!! Get some great work outs in Karen, as winter is not that far off!