just a little bit more

Options
imfree2bme
imfree2bme Posts: 16 Member
i've always struggle with emotional eating...i swing back and forth from way to much control to loosing complete control. durning the month of march i lost 12 pounds and in the last 2 months mainly last month ive put it all back on.

my issue comes at night time...where i keep going and going till i feel the overstuff full feeling. the worst part is i eat laying down or reclined and dont feel how full i am until i stand up. i've been thinking about putting a lock on my fridge.

im done with it...so often i'm like oh just a little bit more another helping..that is not enough to put up lets just finish it now. or that tasted so good lets do that again.

i need some support guys. i'm feeling defeated after loosing 12 lbs to see it all back plus a half of pound. i feel like the wind was knocked out of me when i stood on the scale this morning. i feel unmotivated and depressed. how am i back to this point again.

Replies

• FatPixiee
    FatPixiee Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I love eating too much in the evenings. It's like the last things I get to do that day and I want it to be good. Sometimes I'll make myself stop when I'm full with the promise of like a cup of pudding or something right before I go to bed just to have something. I'm doing very poorly with it though.
  • babydonald
    babydonald Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot too. A perfect example is what I ate 2 days ago; 3 fried hot links with cheese for lunch, and 2 big plates of spaghetti with cheese for dinner. There are times I would eat because I'm upset, bored, or it's almost that time of the month and I use that as an excuse to eat a whole bag of chocolate. Believe me when I say you're definitely not alone with this issue.
  • blitzbis
    blitzbis Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I totally understand and find that evenings are my most difficult time. Usually because that's the time I don't have much to do (finally) and eating or cooking something makes me feel busy. I can tell you what works for me (some of the time).
    I pack my lunch and snacks for the next day (usually, almonds, yogurt, salad etc) so that I see my plan for the next day and then don't want to end my day on a "bad note".
    On days that are really hard, I'll reach out to my husband before I get home to let him know that I need help sticking to my plan. (Of course sometimes his "help" when I ask him to hide the Double Stuf Oreos is to put them in the freaking cabinet with glass doors) but when I'm really struggling, he helps out.
    Another thing I do is play a game on my phone (yatchzee, bubble witch etc) with the idea that if I win or beat the level, I can have a snack. This lets me put a bit of time between my desire to eat and actually doing it.

However, here's the great thing, you are recognizing the problem, now it's just up to you to put a stop to it. If you choose to say that you won't eat lying down tonight then notice the pride you feel when you do it. We can all be all or nothing people (that's usually what has put us in the spot we are in now) so taking each day at a time, each meal at a time or even each 15 minutes at a time can have significant impact.

Good luck during this 15 minutes and let us know how you are doing in a bit.
  • spadaisy
    spadaisy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is my weakness. I can eat that stuff by the spoon full...and do, especially at the end of the day. I just can't seem to shake that habit; late night peanut butter...