Maintenance - Hard, Easy, or ??? --What have you done to make sure you maintain your weigh loss?

Options
IsMollyReallyHungry
IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,384 Member
Laura8603 wrote: »
Always remember how hard you have fought to get here and continue with that same determination. Maintenance is so much harder than losing!!

Good reminder....thanks! I thought this was a good topic for discussion and others thoughts and I did not want o continue the discussion on person's success story thread :)

I agree that maintenance is not easy and if you have WLS maintenance can definitely be very challenging if you get too cocky and let the habits you maintained to lose weight go.

Sometimes you get to feeling soo good about your new life, you start to celebrate too much with wrong food choices, etc.

This is my experience. As stated it is different for everyone for sure, but for me I definitely feel maintenance is not easy at all but I have did and tweaked certain things to make sure I do not gain another pound.

Please share your experience with maintenance and what you have done to make maintenance easier or just what you have done to successfully maintain your weight loss.

Thanks in advance for sharing! Be strong and keep hope alive! <3:)

Replies

• MSWDiet
    MSWDiet Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    NEVER BUY A LARGER SIZE!

Measure your clothing rather than rely on tags because brands and styles will vary. Bring a tape measure and your new normal smaller measurements with you when shopping.

If you must size up for the perfect fit them walk away with nothing. Discomfort & no wardrobe updates can be motivating.

When your career depends upon looking your best, survival may encourage positive action. In a superficial society a too tight suit or being poorly appointed at an important function can negate the hard work that brought you there.