Restarting C25K after a long hiatus

Options
fjrandol
fjrandol Posts: 437 Member
Good morning to all my fellow runners! I initially did the C25K program in 2012, and ran consistently until March of 2014 when I found myself sidelined with severe hip pain. As it turned out I was suffering from bursitis as well as IT band syndrome, and have been dealing with both until quite recently (both hips still are giving me issues, but it's far more bearable).

Due to my extended time off, I have found myself needing to restart my running journey from the very beginning. I'm currently registered for a 5k in July, as well as several half marathons starting with Disneyland on Labor Day weekend. I want to run. I NEED to run. Unfortunately I seem to have zero motivation about actually getting out there to do a run - it's hot, I'm tired from work, the girls need a bath, the dogs whatever, I want to watch a movie with the hubs, I really need to get that grout cleaned...

Anyone else find themselves in this sort of place? Any suggestions on getting out the door on even a semi-regular basis?

I'm excited to restart my journey, but I need a kick in the butt!

Replies

• DaveAkeman
    DaveAkeman Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Couch-to-half marathon by Labor Day? Wow . . . that seems pretty aggressive. That sounds like some pretty good motivation right there. Maybe you need to sit down and give yourself some interim goals to keep you on track for that. And those shorter-term goals might be better motivators.

It really comes down to your minute-to-minute choices, though. If you LIKE to run, cleaning the grout is gonna wait. If you DON'T like to run, then your grout's gonna be sparkley.

Just remember: You will never regret having gone for a run.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    DaveAkeman wrote: »
    Couch-to-half marathon by Labor Day? Wow . . . that seems pretty aggressive. That sounds like some pretty good motivation right there. Maybe you need to sit down and give yourself some interim goals to keep you on track for that. And those shorter-term goals might be better motivators.

It really comes down to your minute-to-minute choices, though. If you LIKE to run, cleaning the grout is gonna wait. If you DON'T like to run, then your grout's gonna be sparkley.

Just remember: You will never regret having gone for a run.

Truth!