6/16/2015 - Day 8

Options
catladyksa
catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
It is Day # 8 of our wee challenge!!So how are you managing?? I made it thru last night, not eating after 6:3PM....Yeah...I think the next 'wee' challenge I will stop at 6 pm! That will be tougher! And the Treadmill and GRIMM are going along fine too!! Up to 40 minutes on the treadmill...of course I am not 'running or jogging' but a good pace!

Karen...please get into that lake today!! You will LOVE it!! And so will your back too! Zac....how is the sports going??? And your niece's recovery???

Cari...we have two more days of our 'wee' challenge...perhaps you would like to join the next 10 days! We are taking 'baby bites' for our challenges!

Replies

• KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Day 8 already???
    Yay!

This is what I've learned from our wee challenge:

1. In order to get in enough water every day, I need to measure. Before surgery I could chug down almost an entire 16 ounce bottle. Now I have to stop after a few gulps. For my "prize," I'm getting some fun and fancy water bottles.

2. I am seriously seriously addicted to drive thru food!!! I've definitely improved my game here and usually get a salad or something healthier, but as soon as I get in my car, hungry or not, I immediately think about getting something to eat. It's like the bells ringing for Pavlov's dogs.

And yes, Nancy, I do need to get in the lake today! Yesterday was lousy--as soon as my feet hit the floor, I was in screaming pain so bad that I almost called Jim to take me to the ER. 2 flexeril and 3 vicodin later, I at least made the stairs to get ice packs, but that's all I did yesterday. Slept off and on all day and stayed drugged and iced. Lousy!!! Cari, if this is what you have going on too, you have all my sympathy!!!
    Date with the neurosurgeon is next Tuesday, thank god, and I'm hoping he sets me right up with a cortisone shot. I know movement is the best way to get those discs to recover, but when every movement feels like having razor blades stabbing into every inch of your legs, who wants to move?

Anyway, that's my update and whine festival. Time to drink some more water and make a big, delicious salad full of yummy veggies. Maybe even some avocado. And hard-booked egg. Nom nom nom.
  • KarenZen
    Options
    0khh36zmrnth.jpg

Why yes, I'm in my suit and sun hat!
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Hahahhaaa! I still haven't mastered the selfie--sideways photos and no eye contact!
  • ronercat
    ronercat Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I am really looking forward to basketball tonight. My niece is recovering quite well. She is home and happy. Her sisters are also very happy to have her back home. If I remember I will try and upload a picture of their reaction to having her back. I am also quite terrible at selfies. I guess it just isn't something I have practiced enough to have mastered haha.
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Hey Zac, have a blast at basketball tonight! I'm trying to psych myself into getting in the lake, but it's been raining all day and the temp hasn't crept much out of the 50's. Yes, apparently winter in Maine is returning, LOL. Instead of swimming, I think I'll do some "bed yoga" which is just doing all my yoga moves in bed instead of standing up. I know that sounds a little crazy, but it actually does work. It's better than doing "couch eating," which is my second choice for the evening.

Jim is working late, the cat is whining to be fed, the house needs a thorough cleaning and dusting, bills need paying, Calgon, Take Me AWAY. Tomorrow is my "three month follow-up" with my surgeon after the sleeve. He's a little behind schedule, obviously. I'm pretty excited to have the nurse log in my official 100 pound loss, but I have also been beating myself up a bit lately that it's not more. The "You can do better" voice in my head messing with me. Aaarrgghhhh~~Seriously??? I mean, YES, if I followed the diet perfectly and exercised perfectly, I probably could have lost more by now... this is true. I really, really want to just shout "Hurrah and Thank You!" for getting as far as I have despite dealing with Still's, with infected and non-healing incisions, with prednisone, and with back pain. I guess I really need to hear those words from my surgeon tomorrow--not "why haven't you lost more?" but instead, "wow... you've done well despite some really difficult obstacles." And then I can make a plan for the next six months of how I can use this tool, my new smaller stomach, to help me lose another 100 pounds by December.

What I'd like that to look like is some kind of treatment for my back so I can get into the gym and start strength training, enough steam left over to get back in the kitchen to experiment with healthy recipes, LOTS of water, LOTS of swimming, and LOTS of working on a novel or Bigfoot erotica or whatever--just some kind of work. I'd like to have lost enough weight and have my Still's under control enough to teach part-time next year, so my short-term goals have a long-term, best-scenario outcome attached. This way every time I'm tempted to eat something I shouldn't or to skip a day of exercise, I can honestly ask myself, "is this more important that your 200 pound goal"? "is this more important than returning to teaching"? Which, obviously, no food is!

Anyway, that's my ramble for the evening. Happy Day 8 to you all. Plenty of water down my gullet today, and despite many temptations, I did NOT visit a drive-thru. woohoooo!

K.
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Here I am saying it Karen...."wow... you've done well despite some really difficult obstacles." Yeah Karen!! I can't even imagine what it is like to loose 100 pounds....I am struggling to START to lose one of 50 pounds I want to get off.....so yeah Karen....."wow... you've done well despite some really difficult obstacles." !!!!!!

I don't have hardly any of the obstacles you have Karen, so I have ZERO excuse to get off my butt and stop over eating. BUT having said that....the mini 10 day challenge that you put us on...I am participating in and am doing it!! So I need another 10 day mini challenge to keep me going!! So as I start my morning here....it is 0345 am, I woke up at 0230am...and could not go back to sleep....I am going to get on the treadmill and watch an episode of GRIMM!!

Hope you make it to the lake Karen and Zac....have fun at basketball and really work up a sweat!!!!

xoxoxoxo
    nancy
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Nancy, thank you!
    You are just what I needed this morning, treadmill shredding lady! And I am amazed by and proud of you, too.

Xxoo
    K.