4 Day Binge

Options
_jayciemarie_
_jayciemarie_ Posts: 574 Member
I live in Omaha, Ne and have been partaking in the College World Series festivities. I've been tailgating and behaving carelessly. I have gained 4lbs in 4 days and I feel like ABSOLUTE crap. Tell me that sometimes this is normal for a person to fall off the wagon and get back on. I am so mad at myself!!!!!

Replies

• GrannyMayOz
    GrannyMayOz Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    It is *completely* normal jayciemarie and the sooner you forget it and move on the better you will be. Anything we do 'wrong' is a learning experience to remember for the next set of festivities and it's one tiny blip in the great scheme of things *hugs*
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    It's normal if you're a Cornhuskers fan. Maybe you should choose a low-carb team, like the Oregon Ducks or the Texas Longhorns. :)
  • _jayciemarie_
    Options
    wabmester wrote: »
    It's normal if you're a Cornhuskers fan. Maybe you should choose a low-carb team, like the Oregon Ducks or the Texas Longhorns. :)

Haha...I am a Husker fan, but I'm a HUGE fan of Vandy! Must be my time spent in Nashville. GO DORES!!!!!

This weekend the beer and bad food choices surrounding me DEFINITELY beat me!
  • azcowgirrlup
    azcowgirrlup Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Yes, its normal. We are human. You know you can do this WOL, you have been so successful! Just get back to it. You will feel better. We are all here for you!
  • leslileberman
    leslileberman Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Yare not alone! Been there done that. I'm sure it'll happen again too! Just start a fresh day, and think of how you can tweak things next time so that you won't go so overboard for so long:)
  • CoconuttyMummy
    CoconuttyMummy Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I think mistakes are human nature - learning from them gives you the experience and understanding to not make the same mistakes in future. Mind you, i wouldnt call this a mistake, as such, b/c you clearly really enjoyed yourself, so it did have value to you. It was an isolated incident - a special occasion, so go easy on yourself and just be a bit more careful over the next few days to make up for it. Im sure you'll lose those 4 lbs quite quickly - much of it may be water weight, maybe?
  • tlmeyn
    tlmeyn Posts: 369 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    You probably haven't gained 4lbs, you would have to eat like.. 4500 calories a day to do that! It's probably MOSTLY water weight from the glycogen. Once you go back, I am sure it will fall off in a few days! We all need a vacation sometimes!
  • _jayciemarie_
    Options
    You guys make me smile :) Thank you!
  • JustMe2C
    JustMe2C Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I had a personal trainer tell me once that a person needs to "switch things up" every now and then just so the body doesn't become too complacent with their usual daily diet. Don't know how true that really is, but...

Maybe this will be a "switch up" for you and now you'll experience even greater rewards.
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    JustMe2C wrote: »
    I had a personal trainer tell me once that a person needs to "switch things up" every now and then just so the body doesn't become too complacent with their usual daily diet. Don't know how true that really is, but...

Maybe this will be a "switch up" for you and now you'll experience even greater rewards.

I found that to be true. It sounds like broscience but I swear I get better results if I do make a change for one day, like eating at a surplus, to jump progress forward.

• KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    It's behind you now. You can't change it, so let it go! The only ability you have is to change your future with the choices you make today. You have a good grasp on this woe and can just jump back in. Glad you were able to have a good time! I would love to attend the CWS! Jealous here, but Mississippi doesn't have a team in it this year, so I'm not too jealous, lol! There's always next year!
  • AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Cmon girl. You've got this. Don't beat yourself up. :) Start back right now. Not tomorrow but right now. No time like the present. Drink lots of water. I bet that 4 lbs is just fluid retention and it whooshes off in a couple days :smiley:
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Super extra normal. I'm so far fallen behind the wagon that I can't even see it now, it has sped off into the sunset.

I did fine for months then as soon as I hit around 65lbs lost I just...went bananas. I ate a whole packet of tim tams yesterday (a very sugary chocolate coated cookie) and also stuffed my face with whatever I saw. It hasn't been a good couple of weeks.

Today I'm on a homemade chicken broth and coffee only kinda thing. I need to quickly reset my brain.
  • SlimBride2Be
    SlimBride2Be Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Make the next thing you put in your mouth a good choice.
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    A four day binge? When you knew fully better?

I will be the one to say you need to think of why it happened. So it won't happen again.

I hope to not have a 4 day binge. I do have one meal binges!

Last one was BBQ plate, side of wings, fried green tomatoes. About 1600 calories.

And it was glorious!!!

It was a maintenance calorie day. Life went on but I could tell I lots of salt.

Maybe that is my release so I don't binge for days. It is just so hard to lose weight. Cardio sucks, deficit calories for 4 days worth of binge would suck

Maybe I am just to lazy.... It would be way to much work to recover from that. So as a lazy guy I just don't do it.

Best wishes on getting it all back off.

It is a set back not the end of the world.
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    I do have one meal binges!

Last one was BBQ plate, side of wings, fried green tomatoes. About 1600 calories.

You call that a binge? I'm going to have to give you a scholarship to binge school. Head instructor: Me. Right now, I've put myself on self imposed academic probation though...

My friend!!

Missed you lately.

I'm obsessing with an inch I am pinching on my belly.

I'm making myself eat all of my calories so I don't binge.

You know when you get close to goal?

I have never been this close in my life

PSA - Thank you friends on MFP., especially this group.

• Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    4 lbs in 4 days is mostly water weight. Forgive yourself, move on. There'll always be life happens: Birthdays, celebrations holidays.

Try make plans for how to stay in nutritional ketosis, limiting damage. Or take a full break off keto for a set number of days.

It's not about how many times you fall off the train, but if you climb back on it.
  • _jayciemarie_
    Options
    I think the worst part of that 4-day binge is dealing with the aftermath cravings. When I don't eat carbs I don't crave them anymore. When I eat them I want to stuff my darn face. I want back to the place where my body isn't torturing me with cravings! Ugh!!!!!
  • Meeezonajourney
    Meeezonajourney Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    wabmester wrote: »
    Go Beavers! Wait do people eat beaver?!