Green Beans

Options
Furbuster
Furbuster Posts: 254 Member
I've got 20 plants growing which means a lot of green beans (runner and french) to scoff. The thing is I hate them plain. Any nice recipes to cook them in bulk and freeze?

Replies

• bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Try lightly sauteing them with a little wholegrain mustard.
  • kimberwolf71
    kimberwolf71 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    If you plan on freezing large quantities for later use, I would suggest simply blanching them. This will help ensure they freeze well and are a nice fresh consistency when you do want to "cook" them in a recipe later! They may not hold up as well or as long in the freezer if they are fully cooked/prepared.

I love mine sauteed with almonds or with toasted flax, pumpkin, sesame and/or chia seeds.

Excited to try wholegrain mustard (I am guessing this would be the same as mustard seed or are you referring to an actual style of spreadable mustard?)!
  • Furbuster
    Options
    That sounds yummy thankyou, I love mustard and eat a lot of seeds so that makes sense :)
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I use spreadable, wholegrain mustard.. but I'm pretty sure it's just regular mustard with the seeds included. :p
  • amykarryn1
    amykarryn1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have a recipe for balsamic green beans and grape tomatoes...not sure how it would freeze.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    Not sure how this will freeze, but I'm looking forward to trying it when my own bean plants start popping:

884496273d90d7c73a0690ab23466829.png
  • blwasson73
    blwasson73 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure about frozen recipes, but I love pickled green beans which keep in a pantry very well!
  • calidroz
    calidroz Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Look up green bean crispers. I wouldn't freeze. But you could eat a while bunch this way!
  • Furbuster
    Options
    That salad looks ace and the crispers are right up my street thanks - never heard of them- and I shall be scoffing them a plenty with horseradish dip :D