Week off?

Options
kmac1196
kmac1196 Posts: 188 Member
Has anyone ever taken a week off from tracking just to eat intuitively before the increase week? Just thinking it might be helpful to me to let it all go for a week. It's been so stressful and controlled.

Replies

• luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    I eat intuitively when I'm vacationing and it's been fine. I wouldn't want to do it for more than a week or so because I think I would probably creep up my calories without realizing it. I do try to weigh myself during the week if I have the opportunity, but generally I can tell when I've gone overboard on calories by just the way my body feels. I think it's good practice for maintenance.

Remember to increase slowly, especially the first week or two!
  • kmac1196
    Options
    Ya. I took yesterday off from tracking and was fine. I am going to track closely as I don't want a large bump in the scale.....
  • mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I took 4 months off recently. Didn't gain a thing. But I had been doing the tracking for over a year.
  • kmac1196
    Options
    Wow! That's really great. I'd like to be there some day. I'm going to take it slow now. In hopes of getting there.
  • msjeep
    msjeep Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have been tracking daily since Aug 2010. With the phone apps it's real easy. Not a chore anymore. Second nature.