running clothing question

Options
RunionX4
RunionX4 Posts: 190 Member
I have always enjoyed running but got out of it and got way out of shape. I am just beginning the c25k program. The weather where I live is very humid. My weird and somewhat embarrassing question is. Is there any good way of keeping shorts from riding up? I have very large thighs and I know that's the problem but it's very unattractive to have to stop and pull the shorts out of the crotch. I have been mainly wearing the Capri type of workout pants but with the humidity and heat I thought the shorts would be better but not if I constantly have to keep messing with them.

Replies

• kramrn77
    kramrn77 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    They sell shorts with undershorts- I find those don't ride up as much. You can always buy them separately and layer. I was also thinking about trying a bit of body powder before the next run. Even in the heat and humidity here I generally wear Capri pants and a tank or technical shirt. Mainly because it's harder to find decent shorts in my size.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I also go with longer shorts, capri pants, or running tights. Even though I'm at my goal weight, the shorts still ride up some. (Genetically large thighs!) You could also try some body glide lubricant.
  • melliesmommy
    melliesmommy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    God bless you! This is a problem for many of us and thank you for asking this question. I go with men's jersey shorts (ride up a little) or capri leggings or yoga pants. It's very hot here too, and I'm in a gym, but I still work up a good sweat though.
  • chandramiller68
    chandramiller68 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I wear running skirts with the built-in shorts. I look for the shorts that have the silicone grip along the hem. These stay in place a lot better than having nothing.
  • RunionX4
    Options
    Thank you so much for the info guys. It's nice to know we are not alone in this fight. :smile: I will probably stick with my Capris and tanks for now but may check out some of the gear you all have suggested. And yeah I'm genetically built with large thighs. Thanks again. And good luck to you all. God bless
  • sleepigrl
    sleepigrl Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I also have large thighs, calves, etc and my favorite shorts to wear are a pair of Nike Pro Combat core 7" inseam shorts. I think these are the ones, although mine have a pink waistband. I wear them both under other shorts and alone. I also run in capris, but I prefer the thinner ones meant for running and not the heavier (cotton/blend) ones meant for yoga. It's way too hot and humid for those at this point in the year!
  • RunionX4
    Options
    Yeah I need to get some thinner Capris. I only have the yoga style ones.
  • loratliff
    loratliff Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Hehe, my shorts ride up too... No shame, I just pull them out of my crotch as needed. (BodyGlide helps too!)
  • RunionX4
    Options
    I got some thin running Capris. I love them. Feels so much better than the yoga style I've been wearing. Thanks for all the input.
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I thought of you all today. I got a pair of Danskin shorts at Wal Mart for like $12. I love them! Wore them all day, running, mowing, walking and didn't have them ride up once! I think I heard the angels singing...
  • RunionX4
    Options
    :D That's awesome!!!! I like the Danskin clothing at walmart. I got a pair of their capris the other day that are light weight and breathable to run in and I love them.
  • kramrn77
    kramrn77 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I bought a pair of capri pants from Old Navy- took them out for a spin this evening and I actually liked them once I got over the difference of thicker capris- ie being a tad self conscious.
  • RunionX4
    Options
    I know what you mean @kramrn77