calories

Options
FaithMathias
FaithMathias Posts: 56 Member
I just completed my entry for today and guess what I had 78 carbs to much but not enough calories. I only had 960 which is way to low but I feel fine. I will try again tomorrow to consume 1500 calories and lower my carbs to 50. Thus far I have discovered that process meat like franks are high in sodium and that is not good. Thus far I spend more time baking food and stewing it because frying is not good as well. I am preparing just a smooth for breakfast in the morning and then a pack of nuts for a snack. I think my lunch will be one vegetable versus two like today and I will attempt to get all my calories in for a day. I am not really a person to plan my daily meals. But, I realize I have to watch carb, sodium, calories, water intake exercise. I am so glad I found someone on here to help me out. I took all measurements today, I notice my legs and arms seem so tight from walking and working out but the scales are not showing a big difference. So, today I took all my measurements and I will also attempt to log them thru out the week.

Replies

• craziecritter
    craziecritter Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Give the scale time to catch up! I keep forgetting to take measurements, must put that on my to do list. I try and plan my meals a day in advance so I know what I can have and what I might have to leave off of the menu if I have reached calories and carbs. The hardest thing I have found is breakfast.....I so miss my cereal and oatmeal but oh well that's what I get for over indulging! Good Luck and make sure you log log log!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    I found it took me a couple months to learn to do LCHF more right than wrong. :)
  • gemdood
    gemdood Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I so miss my cereal and oatmeal but oh well that's what I get for over indulging! Good Luck and make sure you log log log![/quote]

I've got a bit fed up of eggs and so have replaced it with greek yoghurt, linseeds and sunflower seeds. almost feels like cereal! There are recipes out there to make granola with seeds / nuts which also sounds like a suitable replacement for when you have a cereal craving.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    You actually need more sodium on a LC diet, unless your doctor has you restricting it.
    It took me about 3-4 weeks before the scale started to move for me.
  • CoconuttyMummy
    CoconuttyMummy Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    deksgrl wrote: »
    You actually need more sodium on a LC diet, unless your doctor has you restricting it.
    It took me about 3-4 weeks before the scale started to move for me.

I was going to comment on this - as well as increasing your potassium and magnesium intake.

Also, the statement "frying is bad" is the wrong mindset for a low-carb diet. When you lower your carbs significantly your fats will need to go up, and frying in butter, coconut oil or animal fat is actually a good way of achieving the correct macros.

If you limit carbs AND fats you are on a fast road to feeling awful. Trust me, ive been there and it isnt pleasant!

• professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Isn't there some mineral drink or supplement mentioned here often ?
  • tlmeyn
    tlmeyn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I started getting this Nuun tablets and drinking it everyday or night with some lemon juice and bicarbonate of soda. It really helped my cramps and that crappy feeling. I ran out (they don't sell it here, I have to order it) and started getting crampy and heart palps again, so it seems those tabs give me a good balance of what I need.. might be worth a try?