6/18/15, day 10!!!!

Options
KarenZen
KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
Last day of the mini challenge! woot woot!

I am officially taking the weekend off before starting the next round.

Need to hop on the scale to see if it has moved yet.

Sad news day here with shooting in a church in SC. Racism SUCKS.

K.

Replies

• KarenZen
    Options
    Hopped on the scale, and I'm down five pounds (2 week weigh - in). 389 and counting down!!!
  • carimiller7391
    carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    great job Karen.... Way to go!!!
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Congrats Karen...I am down 1 pound. I will take it!! I may continue with the challenge even though my weekend officially starts tomorrow...Friday! Will see.
  • KarenZen
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Almost at the end of day 10. I didn't make 100% of my challenge--more like 75%--but I'm really pleased that the last ten days have made me very mindful about water consumption and habitual drive-thru eating. So I call that a success.

I'm going to start my next challenge on Saturday after taking tomorrow off. Not that I plan to binge or backslide tomorrow... In fact, I may just start tomorrow anyway. I feel like I have some good momentum going and don't want to lose it.

Cari, I think I understand that you don't want to start a challenge because you don't want to fail, so I'm giving you my success secret. Three years ago, I decided to eliminate all sugar from my diet. I felt seriously addicted to it and believed abstinence was my only option. After two years of struggling to be 100% sugar free 100% of the time and failing repeatedly, I realized that I could be 100% sugar free 90% of the time and still be successful. My "default" is sugar free. But 10% of the time, I indulge. And then I go right back to sugar free. And being 90% sugar free, to me, is an awesome success, especially compared to having sugar almost every day before changing (yes, I was a vending machine groupie too).

For my next ten-day challenge, I want three biggies: to exercise every day, to log all food, and to follow a meal plan. I'm going to shoot for 100%, of course. But since right now I'm starting at 25%, 0%, and 0%, even if I hit 75%, 50%, and 50%, that's a huge leap forward, NOT a failure.

Your thoughts? Anyone's thoughts?
    K.
  • KarenZen
    Options
    catladyksa wrote: »
    Congrats Karen...I am down 1 pound. I will take it!! I may continue with the challenge even though my weekend officially starts tomorrow...Friday! Will see.

A pound a week is 52 pounds a year! go Nancy!

• KarenZen
    Options
    Hurrah for the end of day 10! I'm giving myself a 75% for this challenge (which in my university teaching days was a solid, average C). My prize (hey--passing grade--I still get a prize!) will be to buy some snazzy water bottles so I can better measure my intake. I was going to give myself a spa facial, but I think I'll save that for the next challenge and up the ante to $100 worth of spa--or $1 for each percentage. There's incentive!

HURRAH and WOOHOO to everyone else, especially Nancy for two VERY tough choices. I'm so impressed!

Xxoo
    K.
  • catladyksa
    Options
    Thanks Karen...I did my challenge !! So am up for the next one and I posted my goals. Logging will be tough! Be WE can do this!!
  • catladyksa
    Options
    And 75% is VERY GOOD!! Congrats!!